dumbest guy i have ever met in car audio.

There is this kid I know and he has tried to convince me multiple times that his dad had a car with 2 22" kickers and a 25k kicker amp with 8ga power and ground and that its a waste of money to buy big wire.

Another kid I used to go to school with tried to tell me his uncle had taken the back seat out of his car, put a piece of oak where the seats would go and put 2 24" subs there, then put the seat back in and used the trunk as a box.

And one more person I know has JL 2 12W0's and has convinced everyone he knows that they are 12W6's.

Just an epic fail if you ask me

<_<

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

:yahoo::rofl::lol: Two 15" Subwoofers Pushing 3000 Watts!

http://youtu.be/q8fqgiPAXIs

LMFAO! I called him out on that title and look what he said

2 15''S PUSHIN 3000 WATTS!!!! noob. Tell me how that even makes sense. Amps provide the power, subs take the power, so who is doing the pushing of the "when lightning strikes" power?

wonderbread06 1 day ago

wonderbread06 Have you seriously never heard that phrase before? Just because you have little experience with the English language doesn't mean it is a good idea to display that fact.

devo85x 23 hours ago

Note: His video is now called "Budget System - 2 15" Sonys on Boss PH3000D - Hits pretty hard for price and ammount of work!" hahahahaha tries to be a smart ass back to me and still changes his title cuz he knows I'm right! What a douche!

Yeah he called me an amateur because he will be upgrading to a Soundstream amp. ooooohhhh. I would've been impressed if his system had any ingenuity at all but he's just a douche with a walmart setup.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Bluliner

No, a small secondary battery would do much more for you then a capacitor ever could.

Look into the smaller XS Power or Kinetik batteries. :)

Ya...like dim his lights more. The alternator has to run the car and maintain the battery. Typically, batteries draw about about 7A of current and need 13v< to charge. The flickering lights means the alternator cannot keep up and the voltage is stepping down to the battery. In case you don't know; a battery is around 12.5v and the alternator produces around 14v. When the voltage dips b/c of current demand, you're running off the battery.

I don't care if you have a stock battery or 15 aftermarket batteries; the lights are still going to dim.

To fix this issue, I'd like to know more about the OP's system and vehicle. In normal daily drivers (<1kW), a "Big 3" upgrade is a waste of time and money. A 4ga run that's <3' can carry A LOT of current with minimal voltage loss. Spending who knows how much on 1/0, connectors, loom, and a few hours doesn't make much sense if you're going to gain .1v at the back of the car. Likewise, it's probably a bad idea to toss HO alternators and whatnot at the car if the problem can be fixed by finding a better grounding point and/or turning down the gains a bit. Hell, a good cap will probably fix the problem but I'd prefer a "free" solution...wouldn't you?

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

I love getting to talk to people that don't know crap about car audio, and just keep leading them along. I know I don't know everything but that's why I am on here asking questions and doing my research.

My favorite person is one that has a Boss 2000 watt amp and some q-power 12's or 15's thinking they are loud and then I let them hear my set-up and they flip out. Actually had a guy from across the street step-son with a punch 600 and 4 - 12" q-power subs sealed thinking he was the bomb. Then he seen my 4 - 8" DC and he said there's no way that's louder than 4 - 12". So I let him listen to it and he bailed out and thought I had some 12's in the trunk that you couldn't see. So I popped my trunk and he flipped out.

But then they want to get the good stuff and start asking how much. So I told him then he revert's back to the I can get stuff that's louder at the flea market or my friend has this and that and its louder.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Another kid I used to go to school with tried to tell me his uncle had taken the back seat out of his car, put a piece of oak where the seats would go and put 2 24" subs there, then put the seat back in and used the trunk as a box.

Infinite baffle used to be popular. 24" subs... I doubt; but the rest is possible.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I was at a cruise in one night giving demos, I had walked off to get a drink and left it playing not very loud, but enough to be noticeable. Got back to the truck and a guy was like "DUDE! That shits crazy, turn it up for me!" I was like "Alright get in" proceeded to play some decaf and he did the typical "holy shit" reaction. Afterwards he's like "You need to hear my setup in my car. It's pretty loud, 4 15" L7's in the trunk."

My first reaction was :orly3:

So we walk over to his car, he pops the trunk and sure enough... 4 15" L7's... no box. Motors stuck to the metal floor of the trunk with 2 Legacy amps. He's like "You want to hear it?" of course I couldn't turn it down. Turns out anything above about 1/4 volume it would send his awesome amps into protect. I was like "Man, you need to trash 2 of those subs, build a decent box, get some good amps, it would get loud.

At this point he gets pissed off saying "Kickers are free air subs! They don't need boxes, plus those Legacy amps are the best you can get, made in America!"

I proceed to nod my head, walk off, and laugh until I damn near cried.

K just read this one, and this is by far the best!!!! I would keel over from laughing so hard once he opened the trunk.

I still see him around some local shows sometimes. Hitman813 is around here, he may run into him as well. Next time I'll try to grab a pic.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

best one ive seen was a kid here locally asked me to hear his subs cause they didnt sound "right"...he had 3 12's in his trunk in three different boxes all different subs.. 2 boxes were sealed and one was ported..so i told him to get rid of the 3 and buy two better subs and let me design him a good box youll be alot louder and work alot better in his trunk..so he proceeded to tell me thats impossible cause thats less subs cant be louder.. i just laughed and after 20 mins of arguing i just gave up lol so then he asked me to check his amp cuz it was getting hot..so i looked at his amp and everything was wide open all the way up..i just walked away laughing cause he told me thats the way its supposed to be it makes it louder.. i just said oh my bad i must be mistaken and walked away..

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Talking about the free air kickers.... One of my buddies showed up at my house one day with a 12" L7 in no box. The best part about it, is that he took a normal door speaker out, and hooked the sub up to that. Luckily though he didn't argue with me when I said to get an amp and build a box. He ended up buying an AQ1200D, and I designed a box for him. Was able to talk sense into him.

On my end though...every time somebody hears my system, and they ask what I have, I tell them just 1 18. Then they tell me it's a piece of shit, because it is so big that it gets in its own way and that it cannot keep up with fast beat notes. :pardon: I hear that a lot.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived