after watching the replay, i say legit. Ref restarted the fight, what was he supposed to do?

The first logical post I've seen in this thread so far

I can believe he disrespected the announcer like that. That is just poor sportsmanship right there

He deserved it! He negative insinuations get old, Floyd spoke his mind just like the ol' man was speaking his. I just wish he would have turned and walked away after he said "You don't ever give me a fair shake so i'm gonna let you talk to Victor Ortiz"

I totally agree. Gayweather has no honor. Why would you sucker punch your opponent when his hands are down? Your suppose to be a professional and a champion, act like one. Gayweather should be ashamed of himself if he considers this a win. Definitely afraid of Pacquiao. Gayweather is wating for Pacquiao to get old so he could have a better chance at winning because he knows he cant beat Pacquiao any other way.

Last time I checked, it was a boxing match and not a hug-a-thon. Notice how after the point got deducted and the ref called time in, when the two fighters approached each other, Floyd came in with his hands up? It's cause that's what you do when it's go time, you don't hug and kiss your opponent. Ortiz lapsed mentally and Floyd capitalized, period.

What I don't get is all this shit talking. Floyd is undefeated for a reason and he has fought a lot of good fighters and beat them all. He is a damn good boxer he has been called one of the best ever (I am not his biggest fan). Every time I have gotten in a fight I go in with the intention to kill the other guy before he kills me. The ref signaled to start Ortiz is pro and he knows you always keep your hands up. Plus I don't care who the boxer is everyone throws elbows or headbutts everyone even pac-man. Ortiz got KO'd and from the sounds of it he would have lost the fight on points had it gone the full distance. Floyd is cocky and that is why most people do not like him but he backs it up

P.S. A sucker punch is when someone gets hit from behind or on the ground not when both fighters are facing each other. I have not seen it yet but if Ortiz went in for a hug as the ref gave the okay to fight and Floyd fed him some leather, there is nothing wrong with that at all. You don't hug in a fight. Maybe offer a glove to show respect but you don't offer your chin with your hands down.

Edit= okay so I just saw the Ko and totally obvious headbutt. Like I said they touched gloves and that should have been it cortez (ref) already gave the go when they were touching gloves and Ortiz went in for a hug. Then stepped back not even paying attention to the ref and had both hands down and still had his hands down for the second punch. Not the best win but nothing wrong with it. All this will do is hype up a re-match. Floyd makes the money he does cause he is hated and people will pay to see him loose.

Agreed...they're hating on Floyd cause he wanted to fight while Ortiz wanted to hug and kiss? If it was a foul, Floyd would have gotten DQ'd, simple as that.

after watching the replay, i say legit. Ref restarted the fight, what was he supposed to do?

X2 on this.

I wish Mayweather would have let the fight go longer, but if you listen to the comments after the fight his move was legal. Anyway i would respect Ortiz if he didnt try to act like he "accidently" head butted May and just came clean that he let him get in his head. Just my 2 cent..

Exactly! The fact that he tried to make it seem like it was a complete accident that his head made contact with Floyds face makes him seem even more of a pussy.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

X2 on this.

I wish Mayweather would have let the fight go longer, but if you listen to the comments after the fight his move was legal. Anyway i would respect Ortiz if he didnt try to act like he "accidently" head butted May and just came clean that he let him get in his head. Just my 2 cent..

Fuck letting the fight go longer, no fighter enters the ring and says "man, I hope this fight is a slug fest and goes the distance". Ortiz should have owned it, the head butt and the lapse in his decision to hug and kiss instead of hook and jab.

Horrible reffing and shit like this is why boxing is dyeing

Ref did a wonderful job, called time, deducted the point for the foul, called time again, Floyd seen his opponent in front of him with his hands down and sat him down, ref counted him out. If the ref hadn't called time the second time don't you think he would be like "WTF?" and DQ'd Floyd?

i like him. and didn't pac REFUSE to fight him due to a steriods test? waht a bitch

Sure did

Cant wait till pacman scrapes his ass honestly i think ortiz could've but shit happens...

Really? You really thought that Ortiz was going to put shit on Mayweather? I mean maybe once he would have started to land 10 punches per round instead of 4. The KO wasn't cheap and clearly wasn't a foul either. You don't hug in a boxing ring you fight. You just head butted the shit out of a guy and you come at him with your hands down? He was asking to get KOed and Mayweather did just that.

Pac won't be able to do the shit he does to other fighters to Mayweather. How can you do that when the guy doesn't get hit or take risky shots?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I can believe he disrespected the announcer like that. That is just poor sportsmanship right there

I agree, he feels nobody can beat him and that he is the best but how come he doesn't want to fight Manny?

Bob Arum and Manny don't want to fight him. Simple request, take the random drug screenings and let the fight go down. Manny was the one ducking the screenings. So for all of you folks saying Floyd's ducking Manny, you've got it totally wrong.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Cant wait till pacman scrapes his ass honestly i think ortiz could've but shit happens...

Really? You really thought that Ortiz was going to put shit on Mayweather? I mean maybe once he would have started to land 10 punches per round instead of 4. The KO wasn't cheap and clearly wasn't a foul either. You don't hug in a boxing ring you fight. You just head butted the shit out of a guy and you come at him with your hands down? He was asking to get KOed and Mayweather did just that.

Pac won't be able to do the shit he does to other fighters to Mayweather. How can you do that when the guy doesn't get hit or take risky shots?

from what I saw of the fight, it looked as if ortiz was landing a lot of punches on mayweather but they simply didn't do anything to him, mayweather would have won the fight by points or by a fair knockout either way imo, a paquio vs mayweather fight will be real good, like u said he won't be able to destroy mayweather like his past fights but he sure as hell will do some damage to him.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

hes about money he wont fight pacman because he doesnt have to for the big payday. why put that streak on the line? I can argue the ortiz fight both ways but even before this i didnt really care for him.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

from what I saw of the fight, it looked as if ortiz was landing a lot of punches on mayweather but they simply didn't do anything to him, mayweather would have won the fight by points or by a fair knockout either way imo, a paquio vs mayweather fight will be real good, like u said he won't be able to destroy mayweather like his past fights but he sure as hell will do some damage to him.

How can you destroy something you can't hit? If that fight happens, which I think if Manny takes care of business in November will force this fight to happen, then we'll finally get all those Floyd vs Manny questions answered. Manny is now on record as saying he will submit to the drug screening that Floyd wants so I would expect a May/Jun fight between the two of them. As for the fight last night, guy only landed 18 punched in 3 rounds. How was he going to beat Floyd while averaging 6 punches landed per round? You've got to face facts here man, Ortiz was getting schooled in this fight and it was frustrating him. That head butt was a clear sign of him getting pissed cause he couldn't land those power shots on Mayweather like he was able to on Bureto. What folks have to realize is that Floyd isn't your brawler type boxer. He's one of the purest form boxes left in the game. He defense is top notch and may be even better than his offensive abilities. To be able to systematically hit someone without getting hit is a great feat to achieve. I mean when a man throws 50 punches at you and he only lands about 6 of those shots its gonna be hard to beat him.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

it only takes one lucky punch in boxing however ortiz wasnt getting that last night. he was backpedaling the whole fight. pacman is much much faster but he doesnt pack the power behind his punches that mayweather does. It has potential to be fight of the decade though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ref: "Let's GO!"

Motions for them to fight.

Not time for hugs. Time for fighting.

The punch was legal.

Yep...if the ref says "let's go" that doesn't mean walk in and go for the hug and kiss, it means get your guard up and box. Apparently Ortiz never got that lesson so Floyd had to teach him. Maybe he was punch drunk by then cause he's claiming he never heard to ref indicate it was go time but if you watch the video you can clearly hear the ref say "let's go" and motions for them to fight. If you watch the video you can see Floyd kinda looked surprised that Ortiz not only walked in and went for the hug and kiss, but that when he took a step back he kept his hands down, right then and there he seen the opening and went for the kill. Isn't that his job, to make his opponent pay for his mistakes? Mission accomplished!

And for those of you still hating on Floyd for what he did, trying to make yourself believe the Ref didn't motion and/tell the fighters to resume fighting and that he didn't have the fighters go to neutral corners, here's a video for you proving the ref and Floyd did nothing wrong

http://youtu.be/AUzvGuZC2OU

Proof at 2:34

Archived