Sonic Electronix

anyone know a or the best place to buy gates belts online? this cheap dayco belt cant handle the HO alt, i see they make a performance seires or racing series that is blue in color.. id love to get my hands on one of those but i can find anything on purchasing them... i have a 2001 gmc sierra 5.3L and a dc 270xp ho alt, anyone know which blet length i need also? i really dont wanna have to buy 2 different sizes belts 2 see which is the tighter fit...

im int he same boat. the parts interchange never gives you the dayco to gates belts anywhere. let me know if you find anything.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i think his issue is getting the parts intertchanged correctly. I know what belt I have but I can't correlate it to the right belt on the other end.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Jegs sells Gates belts online. O'Rielly Auto Parts also sells Gates belts if you have one local to you. As for belt length I would look at where the tensioner indicator lands with the factory setup. You are going to want to get the tensioner to land is the same spot with the new setup. Any tighter and you are going to prematurely wear accessory bearings. As for belt slipping a new tensioner will help a bit. My experience has been that the belt squeals when engine rpm drops and the weight of the alternator stator over runs the belt speed. The only remedies I know of are pretty costly. One is to go from a 6 rib belt and pulley setup to a 10 rib belt and pulley setup. Another alternative is to go with a alternator pulley with a one way bearing setup. The will allow the stator to continue to spin at speed when the engine rpm has dropped. The only issue with that is that the alternator pulley diameter is increased affecting alternator output. Sad to say but the Gates belt isn't really going to remedy your situation, nature of the beast. Best of luck bro. :drinks:

I just looked on their site and they have a parts interchange, just put in the factory part number and they will tell you what their equivalent is

tried it doesnt work the way i want it to. the problem is it will just give you the gates belt of the same type. it wont interchange you to the good industrial belts or anyting like that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

O riellys is where i got mine... 42 bucks

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Those links get ya no where, I spent hours lastnite searching.. oriellys has them.. 2 different lengths, but I'm really after the blue belt "racing" question remians where 2 buy.. I sent "sparkplug.com" the site the link takes you 2 a email regurading the blue belt.. so well see what happens.. I planned 2 replace tensioner with belt anyhow...