Sonic Electronix

425a MM alt 6 runs of wire 3pos 3ned 2 oddysey 2150s ( yes, i do ned more batts)

it just makes no sence to me that im usung more poer at a higher load ( 1.5 )

Edited by fox_racin4

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Yea I can't get that at all. I'm totally confused by that too, I have never heard of the amps sucking more power at higher imp loads. When you blow the fuse, is it just the one going from the rear battery to the amp? If so id just upgrade that wire for now to something bigger for the amp.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

what model number is the pioneer radio?

and Kickass audio, the amps will take strapped at his impedance of .9 just fine!!

Hell, I run my 4500s strapped at .7 (.35 per amp) and never have protect, or heat issues. Also drop to 11volts. LOL

Just browsing simular current model pioneer radios that look simular to yours (judging by your vids on youtube) Im going to say its safe to assume your old pioneer radio was only 2 or 2.2volt pre outs.

Your new kenwood is a 4 volt pre out.

Your gain is too high on the amp.

I know for Fact when you wire the amps down that low they will play fine. However if you clip them a little to much they will instantly protect!!!!

Thus being your problem.

New headunit, with higher preout voltage, gain setting is still set higher for a 2volt pre out, you now put a 4volt preout signal to the amp making your gain way too high causing the amp to go into a hard clip then going protect.

Your gain should be right around 1/3 of the way up (maybe a little less) with no bassboost).

Edited by Audiofanaticz

I have old pioneer back in, its a deh p6000ub

it will protect with pioneer but not till almost full tilt

the power differance between .9 and 1.5 is retarded 1.2db differance!

ill rewire to .9 tomorrow and set it so i need less.... preoit voltage feom deck

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Hokay, so theses amps do protect from over 4v pre outs soo, going to rewire down to .9 and turn deck down some so i dont get lots of preout voltage,

I never even thought that that would be problem, everyone sms to like de ks with 4v preoits...appartly thats a bad thing sometimes

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

turn deck down some so i dont get lots of preout voltage

No, you need to gain match the amp to the head unit.

Ok, so i wired it back down tho .9 strapped and once i start really "getting into it" the amps will protect, i have all bass settings on eq almost all the way down ( -4 and goes -6/+6) but do have sub volume at 0 ( -24/+6 ) or else i would have no preout voltage and have to have gain cranked.. voltage never under 12v i usually turn it down when i see 12.5v

Im out of ideas now lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole