Sonic Electronix

27 members have voted

1. 1. Battery or Capacitor?

What would be the best bet to stop the vlotage drop? when i'm Bumping pretty good my headlights Dim and my gagues drop down and jump back up. so what would the best bet be battery or capacitor?

what i'm runing

Performance teknique 1500 watt(subs)

Performance teknique 600 wat(mids/highs)

Pioneer DEH-3300UB

pioneer Mids/highs

sub Woofers 2 Kicker CVR

i'm a :noob::lol:

Battery, a capacitator will strain your electrical system. A capacitators give a first time a quick support to your electrical system, but from than your system have to fill the capacitator up again and agian and again, it hurts more than i works good. Capacitators was an idea of the past in caraudio.

But other question, did you have done the Big 3 upgrade? The "one" of easy/cheaper upgrades for the electrical system.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Battery, a capacitator will strain your electrical system. A capacitators give a first time a quick support to your electrical system, but from than your system have to fill the capacitator up again and agian and again, it hurts more than i works good. Capacitators was an idea of the past in caraudio.

But other question, did you have done the Big 3 upgrade? The "one" of easy/cheaper upgrades for the electrical system.

Once the vehicle is running, the battery also becomes a load on the alternator.

There is no real "fix" without buying an after market alt. Batterys will help UNTIL THEY DIE. If your alt doesnt have enough to rechage them then they arent really doing anything.... :nea:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Once the vehicle is running, the battery also becomes a load on the alternator.

There is no real "fix" without buying an after market alt. Batterys will help UNTIL THEY DIE. If your alt doesnt have enough to rechage them then they arent really doing anything.... :nea:

again, no substitute for a stronger alternator.. But a second battery is waaaay better than any capacitor I've come across...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

so if i was to get a better alt u think i would be good with out a second battery and/or capacitor?

i have not done the big 3 upgrade yet but hopefully i will do that soon

i metered my battery and i get 14volts and it drops down to 11-12volts when my subs hit (stock alt)

Edited by Zingers