Sonic Electronix

Hey all,

I got another question for you all. I'm finally decided with the subs I'm going to buy along with the amp. The subs are the HDC315 Copper Coil Subwoofer two of them I'm going to both subs so the Voice coils are wired in series and the speakers are wired in parallel into an 1 Ohm load. Now I need a box but the trouble is I'm not sure where to start to design the box and how to tune it and such. Hopefully You people can help me with this. I'm not sure about box rise or what it is either I'm very new to building boxes and I know nothing so please forgive me for asking this many questions. The 2 subs are going in the back of a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Hope that helps any.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Forgot to mention that the subs are going to be seeing 1100-1200 rms each. from an AQ 2200

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/1828-quarter-wave-t-line-tutorial-updated/

Go to the third or fourth post and there should be a link to a website. It's this guy who builds subs and knows how to get loud and all the tech stuff.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

sorry to say but after box rise and voltage drop you wont see that power ever...

but as said above get a design from ray.

Edited by jsawdy212

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

I didn´t know ray is doing designs now, i wouldn´t doubt getting one from him if i were you, the guy is just stupid loud on everything he builds, and i honesty think 15$ it´s way too cheap for such a proven design!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

sorry to say but after box rise and voltage drop you wont see that power ever...

Why would I not see that kind of power and what is box rise? and voltage drop im getting a new alternator and a yellow top.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

From what I'm reading on the forum on box rise and such should I get a different amp other than the AQ2200? I don't do test tones all I i play is music with the occasional subwoofer song when I want to show my system. I'm all confused now because I never figured in box rise. What ohm impedance would I be looking at? I'm lost. Could someone please teach me the ways of advanced car audio.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Aww. Why you gotta go fuck with the guy and drop box rise on his head?

Soahctnelis, as others have said, PM Ray on here for a box design. He's an admin. Guy builds some of the loudest stuff I've seen. He's a mastermind of car audio.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt