2 18s in Jeep Wrangler JK w/ Kicker amplifiers

So to solve the flexing issue we decided to birch the roof and stain it red

IMG_5158.jpg

We used PL Premium 8x stronger to glue it to the roof (used like 5 tubes)

IMG_5160.jpg

The front roof

IMG_5162.jpg

After putting buckets of chains and heavy metal on the birch for 2 days, it took natural shape

IMG_5213.jpg

Staining

IMG_5276.jpg

Finished!

IMG_5279.jpg

Putting birch on the hard top to minimize the flex is a great idea. Jeep hard tops flex so much its insane! Id be interested in doing something similar to this in my Jeep. Let me know how well it works.

Putting birch on the hard top to minimize the flex is a great idea. Jeep hard tops flex so much its insane! Id be interested in doing something similar to this in my Jeep. Let me know how well it works.

its much louder already and i haven't tuned the system yet, you can feel all the lows definitely better as well. Moves air better then the foam (less restriction)

Roof pods finished

IMG_6556.jpg

Started mounting the Crescendos PWX 6.5" in the doors

IMG_6167.jpg

This thing is looking insane!!! Love the roof

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Clean

ill give you that....... good work

Thank you.

Trying to get the crescendos to fit

IMG_6167.jpg

Had to cut alot out (thats one door)

IMG_6239.jpg

Coming together

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

Makes me really want a wrangler.... Good stuff man...

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

• 2 weeks later...

Not to steal your thread, but does your jeep do this, if so how would you go about fixing it LOLOL. Pretty sweet seeing another dual 18" build in a wrangler besides mine!

http://youtu.be/uSkn7G5vNIQ?t=3m3s It has gotten worse too, opens about 2-3" now I was just gonna do second skin and layer it twice to add weight, but i am unsure at this time!

Thanks man, PS I wish i could pull off chrome rims with a yellow jeep :(

I seen what you did with the wood, but how did you secure it just with the PL?

Not to steal your thread, but does your jeep do this, if so how would you go about fixing it LOLOL. Pretty sweet seeing another dual 18" build in a wrangler besides mine!

http://youtu.be/uSkn7G5vNIQ?t=3m3s It has gotten worse too, opens about 2-3" now I was just gonna do second skin and layer it twice to add weight, but i am unsure at this time!

Thanks man, PS I wish i could pull off chrome rims with a yellow jeep :(

I seen what you did with the wood, but how did you secure it just with the PL?

Wow really is sweet seeing someone else do 2 18s :), and yah i use PL to stick the wood, and it made a HUGEEEEEE difference

How are you liking the singer alternator? i got the DC 370xp it holds up nice aswell

Archived