Sonic Electronix

Do the l7 in a 2cf box tune to 34ish , should be great for what your looking for , good luck sir

I don't think I agree with this, first off I don't think 2 cubes is ideal airspace for a 12"l7, second of all a 2ft^3 box net usually turns out to be 2.5ft^3 or more gross (which also has to fit into the given airspace)

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

1,7 -3.2 are kicker requirements for 12" l7

Well obviously any noob can go on kickers website and get their "requirements" because if kicker said it it must be true! I'm not saying that their website doesnt say that you can't put their sub in 1.7ft, but from my experience I wouldn't recommend 1.7 or even 2ft for a 12"l7. I'm not saying it can't be done, all I said is that I don't think that is ideal airspace for a 12"l7. That airspace would accommodate a 10" subwoofer much better, or even 3 8's

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

And I'm sure if they say you can put there subs in that size box they will sound fine , I put one in a 2.1 cf box a few months ago and it sounded great

Maybe that's the magic number then cause I can't say that I have ever heard an l7 sound "great"

Op I wouldn't waste my money on an l7 in any occasion, actually even if you had the airspace for a 12"l7 I would still run a SA-10 over it in a heartbeat... Just sayin. And it's not only sundown, I'd even run an audioque 10, a dd 10, I'd run almost any respectable company's 10 in place of it

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Audiopipe is respectable ? Sence when ?? Yes it sounded good tight and loud in 2.1

Who ever said anything about audiopipe in this thread? I think that's the first time the name has even been said?

Op say no to kicker subs

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Out of just those two subs I would go L7. Since you don’t have much space to work with it allows for the sub to get more space vs cramming 2 subs and the L7 RMS is close to 800 watts of the combined two.

I was going through the same dilemma. I had 2 kickers rated at a total of 800 RMS and was looking to get 2 more. But I had to toss my kickers and now looking for a high powered subwoofer. I thought why try and squeeze 4 12”s in my trunk at 1600 RMS when I could get 2 subs for 2000 RMS (DC Lvl 4’s) and then I just got power hungry from there, haha.

So I would definitely recommend considering some other brands before you commit to kickers. Not that there is anything is wrong with kicker because I loved my 2 Kicker CVRs but if you think you will be wanting to upgrade later, just save your money up. Good luck with your decision.

1,7 -3.2 are kicker requirements for 12" l7

Well obviously any noob can go on kickers website and get their "requirements" because if kicker said it it must be true! I'm not saying that their website doesnt say that you can't put their sub in 1.7ft, but from my experience I wouldn't recommend 1.7 or even 2ft for a 12"l7. I'm not saying it can't be done, all I said is that I don't think that is ideal airspace for a 12"l7. That airspace would accommodate a 10" subwoofer much better, or even 3 8's

this. i had my 15 in 3 cube box and it fucking hated it. i got louder with 2 xplods in a shitty prefab bandpass

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit