MLA Instal - Pics and Vids!!!

be careful not to leave it on and drive around with it charging in the 15s for to long. I had a buddy who had a MLA and fried all his kinetiks from charging them to high for to long

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

going to give them a call once im off work you know how long the sale is for?

I'm really not sure, wish I had an answer for ya!

be careful not to leave it on and drive around with it charging in the 15s for to long. I had a buddy who had a MLA and fried all his kinetiks from charging them to high for to long

Yeah, I was wondering how those Kinetik's would handle 15+ volts for daily. Oh well, that's the really cool part, I can flip a switch and be right at 14.6!

So, I wonder if XS Power could "handle" it any better? Thanks for the advice!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Yeah, I was wondering how those Kinetik's would handle 15+ volts for daily. Oh well, that's the really cool part, I can flip a switch and be right at 14.6!

it is never safe to run a 12volt batt. like that its only reccomended to run 14.4 daily and 14.9 for comps is okay to have a nice long battery life,

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

this doesnt work in every car.it didnt work for kingsuv it works for me im at 15.4 all day but it just spikes the voltage thats all doesnt really do anything major its not a MUST have

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

yeah i would never be able to run at 15v+...In the winter when right when i start my car up i will be in the low 15s and my headlights will look like strobe lights. The only time i would use mine is for comps right when i pull up to the lane

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

it is never safe to run a 12volt batt. like that its only reccomended to run 14.4 daily and 14.9 for comps is okay to have a nice long battery life,

Hmm, thanks. But I keep hearing different things from different people... :shrug:

Lol! Call Chris back. Ask him what batteries he has/had in the hummer and what voltage he charged them at... Although I will never use Kinetics again.

Yeah, I wish I had gone w/ XS Power now, but I bought them last year, and I honestly did not know any better.

this doesnt work in every car.it didnt work for kingsuv it works for me im at 15.4 all day but it just spikes the voltage thats all doesnt really do anything major its not a MUST have

Hmm, I have to disagree.

yeah i would never be able to run at 15v+...In the winter when right when i start my car up i will be in the low 15s and my headlights will look like strobe lights. The only time i would use mine is for comps right when i pull up to the lane

So what kind of car do you have again?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Hmm, thanks. But I keep hearing different things from different people... :shrug:

Lol! Call Chris back. Ask him what batteries he has/had in the hummer and what voltage he charged them at... Although I will never use Kinetics again.

Yeah, I wish I had gone w/ XS Power now, but I bought them last year, and I honestly did not know any better.

Hmm, I have to disagree.

Lol u just bought an mla and ur disagreeing against someone whose ran one for years? I know exactly what it does and what its made to do.if you think that thing is like an extra alt or battery replacement then you have no idea what u bought lol.if it was the most amazing piece of equiptment don't u think steve would still be running his? Or the fact that every competitor damn near doesn't even look at putting money towards investing in one. Prove me wrong

Do you gave a stock alt or upgraded?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Lol u just bought an mla and ur disagreeing against someone whose ran one for years? I know exactly what it does and what its made to do.if you think that thing is like an extra alt or battery replacement then you have no idea what u bought lol.if it was the most amazing piece of equiptment don't u think steve would still be running his? Or the fact that every competitor damn near doesn't even look at putting money towards investing in one. Prove me wrong

Okay, first of all, for me it is very much a necessity, in order to properly maintain my voltage. My car, like many others, only wants to allow the charging voltage to be at 13.6 on average, which will NOT properly feed these Kinetik's, or any other AGM battery. So now I can run at 14.6 and keep my batts charged correctly, and to me, that is a necessity. And Steve has a Tahoe, which XS and Mechman DO make modules for. So I'd say THAT is why he switched out. MLA is the ONLY ONE who makes a mod for my car, XS Power or Mechman DO NOT.

I know it's NOT another alt, I never said it was. I said I was glad I got it, and I am. If you have nothing good to say, then get off my thread. And YES I have a high output alt.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Hmm, I have to disagree.

Its obvious that you do not know what they do exactly... and you are wrong about why steve doesnt use them... get your facts straight and stop name dropping amigo....

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Archived