DC Sound Lab

175.4 Thermal Protect Troubleshooting

I just had my alpine H/U crap out on me and after getting a new one i noticed a lot of things that i wasn't quite able to get solved or fixed just happened to vanish with this new one, so it is a possibility you have a strange problem with the h/u and might want to try another one to see if that has helped with anything.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I just had my alpine H/U crap out on me and after getting a new one i noticed a lot of things that i wasn't quite able to get solved or fixed just happened to vanish with this new one, so it is a possibility you have a strange problem with the h/u and might want to try another one to see if that has helped with anything.

Possible, but not probable.

How about a speaker out of phase? The way this component set works, there were 3 speakers on each channel plus crossovers. If just one of the 3 speakers is out of phase, would that cause some weird things to happen on that channel?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

How about a speaker out of phase? The way this component set works, there were 3 speakers on each channel plus crossovers. If just one of the 3 speakers is out of phase, would that cause some weird things to happen on that channel?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i dont think a speaker out of phase would do it. all it sees is the load really. it wont change the load being out of phase. a speaker out of phase would still play. the only way it would harm the amp is if it shorted out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Over loading a crossover may do it but I think we got you all squared away.

We retrofitted your amp with a fan wired to the board. Rusty was unable to get it hot. I'll let him chime in on actual working temps as I was building subs when he did it lol

Thanks for chiming in, dude. He emailed me all the info. The heatsink only got up 84 degrees after an hour of play time. Either that fan is on 'roids, or there is an issue with the crossovers. I already took them out of the car and will be running active. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to test it out and everything.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Over loading a crossover may do it but I think we got you all squared away.

We retrofitted your amp with a fan wired to the board. Rusty was unable to get it hot. I'll let him chime in on actual working temps as I was building subs when he did it lol

Thanks for chiming in, dude. He emailed me all the info. The heatsink only got up 84 degrees after an hour of play time. Either that fan is on 'roids, or there is an issue with the crossovers. I already took them out of the car and will be running active. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to test it out and everything.

No problem. Thats just what we do lol I'm gonna do the same thing to mine. One minute we are brain storming ideas on how to add one the next min Rusty is on a mission lol