Sundown Audio

ZED Leviathan

OrionStang

They did a review on that amp in PASMAG last year

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

provided you only listen to your system with the engine off it will sound great...those amps have SERIOUS ground plane issues, and must be seriously modified internally to remove noise...you can send it to D'Amore, but it won't be cheap.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

provided you only listen to your system with the engine off it will sound great...those amps have SERIOUS ground plane issues, and must be seriously modified internally to remove noise...you can send it to D'Amore, but it won't be cheap.

There's no mention of this in any of the reviews. Do you know if the issue has been resolved with the version II of this amp? What exactly does this noise sound like with the car running?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

it sounds like children screaming...it's horrible. it's the worst kind of engine noise I've ever heard. These are NOT the same ZED amps from the 90's....

remember, Garry doesn't test amps in the vehicle.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

it sounds like children screaming...it's horrible. it's the worst kind of engine noise I've ever heard. These are NOT the same ZED amps from the 90's....

Well, I can't have that. Maybe just add a 2 channel to my current setup.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Just for you ill install a zed amp soon as I get a chance . make video send it to you to observe...the amps are fine.

Just for you ill install a zed amp soon as I get a chance . make video send it to you to observe...the amps are fine.

I read a couple places that ZED was aware of the issue and fixed it. Its just a matter of whether the one in question was built before or after the corrections. I'm about ready to make a decision, so that would be great, Dolar.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived