Second Skin Audio

Rebuilding my system

Notoriousj76

Basically, I had a pretty decent setup and tried some different things and now I'm not happy with what I have.

I drive a 1991 astro van with the far backseats taken out.

Stock alternator which I think is only 90 amp :(

Kinetic 2400 red battery

Big 3 upgrade

Sony xplod HU (soon to be alpine)

Sundown Sae 1200d v2 amp - 2 chopped up 15's (soon to be sundown SA 15s)

So, I really want to do a 4th order bandpass tuned really low that puts out tons of spl. How possible is it to get huge numbers out of roughly 1200+ rms? My van is way to big to be a sql setup and I'm not wanting to buy a new vehicle so I'm lookin to get as loud as I can, however I want to be tuned way extremely low.

The max dimmensions the box can be is 50 x 32 x 30

I apologize if I skipped any info you need but feel free to ask, I'll stay updated. Help make me loud please.

you should really probably just stick to a ported box for now. You trying to tackle a fourth order after what I read just seems like a stretch. BTW a fourth order bandpass is not going to give you monster output. its going to give you a flat response across the spectrum. I guess in a sense it will be louder

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Alrighty... Well in that case does anyone know a good box design. I have tried to design my own but they always turn out somewhat off. I'm still looking for really low tuning but what's optimal specs for 2 15s to be low and loud, according to everyone else, I should have no problem getting close to around 140 with 2 15s with 1500 rms roughly.

pm ramdesigns on here. he'll hook it up proper.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also, you don't tune bandpass boxes super low. Usually mid 40's tuning is where you end up. Follow N8's advice and do a good ported design. Don't even put those subs you have in the box either, build it for your future plans. You have been struggling with a DB meter too isn't that correct? I thought I recognized all of this information from another post you made a few days ago. Just keep an open mind and take peoples advice on here. They know how, and WANT you to be loud. Good luck with your project man.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

ram is your best bet for a great box plan and value, it would honestly be no more then 30 bucks i bet... thats sad that you wont dish that out for a great design with cutout and pretty much everything you need, i say do it and then you will know what your getting is quality

head-unit: pioneer avh p-4300DVD

2 Fi btl n2 18's

1 dc audio 5k

1 dc audio 175.4

4 sets of fusion CP-CM50 components

1 mechman 270 amp alt

3 XS Power D3400

80 Mil Sound Deadener by audio technix

all in my 2003 chevy suburban.

iv got buildphobia lol . i really dont want to dive in without knowing beyond a doubt itll be noticably different than last time. ram designs isnt free .... i am not paying for shit

Not to be an ass, but you've already seen how not paying for a design has worked out. Stop being cheap and get someone that knows what they're doing to give you a design.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Well I dont have a PayPal.... If there were an easy way to do it, I probably would. I think I'm gonna end up planning this build for about a year and then do something. My Headunit went out today so I think I'm just gonna rebuild my entire system starting from the ground up. So stripped my vehicle and making it movie theater quiet will come first. Consider this forum done.

Archived