DC 5.0K

Mechman 270 Unit

XS Power Flex 0 gauge

XS power D1400 under hood

3 Yellow tops in rear

1990 BMW e30 325i (drift car)

system to come

T3_468x60.gifDCSig.jpg

You drop to 12.5 with only 200 watts? Wow.

fucking bad eh this sub just eats up anything we give to it tho we ran it on my buddy's 1500w rms and he was even dropping big time and hes got a 240a with a yellow top under the hood, but im selling this blazer sadly and upgrading to a different one probably a 2 door with a bit of a lift this one has too many problems :/

98 Jeep Cherokee XJ 2 DOOR

1 18" T3 TSNS

DC 5.0K

Mechman 270 Unit

XS Power Flex 0 gauge

3 Yellow tops in rear

system to come

T3_468x60.gifDCSig.jpg

Its not the sub that causes voltage drop. It'll just be another in a pile of burnt parts if you think that and put that 5k on it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Its not the sub that causes voltage drop. It'll just be another in a pile of burnt parts if you think that and put that 5k on it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

well i know the cause of voltage drop is resistance, so the resistance would be ohm?, so i probably have the sub wired to 1 ohm instead of 4 which has probably been causing the voltage drop, correct me if im wrong :ohsnap:

1 18" T3 TSNS

DC 5.0K

Mechman 270 Unit

XS Power Flex 0 gauge

3 Yellow tops in rear

system to come

T3_468x60.gifDCSig.jpg

well i know the cause of voltage drop is resistance, so the resistance would be ohm?, so i probably have the sub wired to 1 ohm instead of 4 which has probably been causing the voltage drop, correct me if im wrong :ohsnap:

You have it completely opposite. The higher the ohm load, the more resistance. But your voltage drop has nothing to do with the resistance of the sub. You need to do upgrades to your electrical system if you ever hope to power that TSNS. Having small stock electrical wires will limit your current draw causing voltage drop. You should start with the Big 3 upgrade. You have a stock alt and stock battery? Upgrade them. Your stock alt probably is 105amp max/65amp idle. A DC 5k draws somewhere around 500amps of current if I remember right. Get some nice sealed AGM batteries... maybe XS Power? Get lots of quality 0 gauge wiring. Get a high output alt. It takes power to make power and you just don't have the power... :shrug:

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

You have it completely opposite. The higher the ohm load, the more resistance. But your voltage drop has nothing to do with the resistance of the sub. You need to do upgrades to your electrical system if you ever hope to power that TSNS. Having small stock electrical wires will limit your current draw causing voltage drop. You should start with the Big 3 upgrade. You have a stock alt and stock battery? Upgrade them. Your stock alt probably is 105amp max/65amp idle. A DC 5k draws somewhere around 500amps of current if I remember right. Get some nice sealed AGM batteries... maybe XS Power? Get lots of quality 0 gauge wiring. Get a high output alt. It takes power to make power and you just don't have the power... :shrug:

lol dude i know that i havnt upgraded my electrical at all yet(if you woulda looked in my sig)the video was just something off little power i had :P

1 18" T3 TSNS

DC 5.0K

Mechman 270 Unit

XS Power Flex 0 gauge

3 Yellow tops in rear

system to come

T3_468x60.gifDCSig.jpg

I would say figure out what you are doing with your ride (getting a different one), and upgrade electrical and run it all with 1/0 gauge wire asap. You have some good equipment, you just gotta give it what it needs to play right. Hell, I am gonna have to get a new alternator and XS power battery for my system, and its only gonna be a DC Level 4 12 on an AP15001D, lmao.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Archived