Sonic Electronix

I'm looking for some good but cheap sound deadener to spray on the inside of my upcoming box build to eliminate any echoes / resonating anything from it.

The places I have available to me are Napa, O'Reilly, Home Depot, and Lowes. So if I can get it at one of those places, it would be awesome.

I've used undercoating/bed liner like rust olem brand. Its for rust, sound deadening, underbody coating, ect. I only used it in areas that were hard to get to and wheel wells though, not a box.

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I got the idea from seeing somebody put sound deadening on the inside of their port for sound quality. I am trying to do that to my box, but have a bunch of bracing that would make it a PITA to do with sheets.

i have always wanted to add deadener inside my box too, just to see if it makes a diff on the termlab.

technically it should make the box a lil stronger rite ?...

i put roll on bedliner in a box before for fun and it dident help me on the termlab at all might want to just pour a shit load of resin in the inside of your box it will help strengthen up your box and give you a smooth inside for your box for air to travel out your port smoothly therefor giving you better sound quality from your box. just my idea

I agree with most everyone here, applying any sound deadening inside really isn't going to help.

Sound deadening = for sheet metal, not MDF, ply, etc..

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png