Advice on sq build.

Reveth

John Roberts (mod SQ+ champ) has a ported enclosure ... Markey Detrich (iggy) has a ported enclosure ... Abram Hart (team Hybrids) has a ported enclosure ... and the list goes on ...

My truck is tuned at 22 htz ...

The idea is to go down and get those lower frequiencies left out by those higher tuned enclosures ... This does not mean they will not play those higher frequiencies, because I know they will ...

ported tuned enclosures work really well in Sound Quality ... The trick is to install the enclosures really good to the vehicles to compliment the front stage ... verses just being a ground pounder for bass ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well said! Glad i got some back up in this division! Was feeling kinda lonely... :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Youre not alone, I have ran sealed for years, but recently started with ported in my SQ builds. I build enclosures like submarines, they never leak and the only air that escapes is through a port if there!

My new enclosure will be tuned at about 29hz, because with the space requirements I would have port noise if going lower. I wanted to be at around 25, but it should have a flat response.

I didnt want any peaky tuning or high frequency, which was worked around as much as possible with Ray, when he designed it!

The sub also plays flat from 22-55hz, so with the combo on an efficient amp that I am looking for I should be golden!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

i went and picked up a zapco ref 1100.1 for the w7. which processor am i wanting to get now..? pref under 450 used/like new... jbl ms8? rockford 360.2 , or alpine 701

Please make sure that if you plan on seting up for stage and image, please do optimum driver placement (angles, power handeling, so on and so forth) before you try to use EQ, time alignment, and processing ...

just my suggestion here ... too much of that stuff without correct alignment can hurt you more that help you ...

Thanks,

Randal ... :drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

not one world champ in sq had a ported box and lets take the ported box the op is talking about tuned to 25 hz when your mids are crossed over at 80 you need some 50 55 hz and up bass coming out of the sub (basicaly imposible to do tunned that low) to match the mids when you match the mids it sounds like the bass is coming from the dash not behind you this is the goal of sq you not just the sound of the bass

I wish you could demo my truck just one time ... I could change your mind on this ... :drink40:

not one world champ in sq had a ported box and lets take the ported box the op is talking about tuned to 25 hz when your mids are crossed over at 80 you need some 50 55 hz and up bass coming out of the sub (basicaly imposible to do tunned that low) to match the mids when you match the mids it sounds like the bass is coming from the dash not behind you this is the goal of sq you not just the sound of the bass

I wish you could demo my truck just one time ... I could change your mind on this ... :drink40:

me to i am still an sq noob and all the big dogs (in sq) over here run sealed like gary summers meca world champ last year

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i went and picked up a zapco ref 1100.1 for the w7. which processor am i wanting to get now..? pref under 450 used/like new... jbl ms8? rockford 360.2 , or alpine 701

Please make sure that if you plan on seting up for stage and image, please do optimum driver placement (angles, power handeling, so on and so forth) before you try to use EQ, time alignment, and processing ...

just my suggestion here ... too much of that stuff without correct alignment can hurt you more that help you ...

Thanks,

a nice trick to help with placement is to use a laser pointer held in place of the "center" of each speaker aimed about your head area to aim your drivers. I used this several times to help build custom kicks/ door panels. Of course this may be way beyond what your trying to do...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

me to i am still an sq noob and all the big dogs (in sq) over here run sealed like gary summers meca world champ last year

Make no mistake, I have no problems with a sealed enclosure for Sound Quality ... I just have a ported enclosure and it works for sound Quality ...

I know that sealed enclosures are basically primary in Sound Quality ... but I also know that Ported and correctly tuned enclosures work just as good in Sound Quality ...

Thanks,

a nice trick to help with placement is to use a laser pointer held in place of the "center" of each speaker aimed about your head area to aim your drivers. I used this several times to help build custom kicks/ door panels. Of course this may be way beyond what your trying to do...

plus 1 for this statement ... :drink40:

Thanks,

plus 1 for this statement ... :drink40:

Randle your truck sounds amazing. Im just wondering whats next. I saw some things you took out. Im not going to name them but I know the change is for the best.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Archived