2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build (IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!)

Here is a LITTLE progress. As I said its gonna be slow, but coming along!

prog.jpg

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

2007 Chevy Tahoe - Big JL Audio Build

2006 BMW M3 (800HP Turbo)(Sold)

Digital Designs Setup

Sponsored By: Serious Autosport

Loving the Tahoe.Don't know what it is about these new bodies but they are sexy.Hopefully you get some music coming out of it soon.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Thanks everyone!

That looks really good. Are those enclosures going to be just vented or is that a 4th order of some sort? Sorry maybe a stupid question.

Its a ported (Vented) enclosure, just with half the port inside and half outside :) The hole that is there is where the sub will be mounting. The curved pieces on the sides are trim not part of the actual enclosure.

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

24" Black Slides/Nitto 420S Tires, McG 2/3 Drop, K&N Intake, Blacked Out Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, 6,000K HID Low's/Fog's, LED Reverse & License Plate Lights, 15% 3M Tint

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, JL Audio ZR6.5" Components (Front and Rear), JL Audio ZR 8" Midbass (All 4 Doors in .75cu enclosures), JL Audio 13W7AE Subwoofers (2), JL Audio HD600/4 Amplifiers (4), JL Audio HD1200/1 Amplifiers (2), Audio Control DQXS, Audio Control DDC, DC Power XP300 Dual Alternator Kit, Optima Yellowtop Batteries (2), Shruiken BT120 Battery, JL Audio Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Premium RCA's, Etc, and a CRAZY ASS CUSTOM INSTALL!

UBL Thread:

Digital Designs Setup

As much as i hate to be "that guy" but i feel i must bring it BACK up.

The smd sub is NOT an spl sub, it just has an spl name. If you think about it, and look at the design you'll find that the smd is an amazingly well built SQ sub. Throughout the entire throw of the sub, the coil is never out of the strongest part of the magnetic field, so the control of the cone is astonishing.

Granted, you can't really compare the smd to the JL simply because i don't think anyone has one in an SQ system, and i mean true SQ.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

As much as i hate to be "that guy" but i feel i must bring it BACK up.

The smd sub is NOT an spl sub, it just has an spl name. If you think about it, and look at the design you'll find that the smd is an amazingly well built SQ sub. Throughout the entire throw of the sub, the coil is never out of the strongest part of the magnetic field, so the control of the cone is astonishing.

Granted, you can't really compare the smd to the JL simply because i don't think anyone has one in an SQ system, and i mean true SQ.

SPL is not what I should have said (and I've already posted this). When that comparison began all I meant to get across is an SMD 18" sub and JL 13W7 are apples and oranges. I don't think Steve himself would recommend ANY 18" subwoofer (including his) for a true SQ setup. Thats all :) Never said one is better than the other, was simply trying to say that comparing the two was not really going to work...

Evan

2007 Chevy Tahoe

Audio:

UBL Thread:

Digital Designs Setup

What kind of grommets are those for the 0 gauge running through the body?

Btw, both the black suede and the vinyl wrap look amazing! You make me want to wrap half my interior with that stuff. The suede kind of looks like alcantara from the pics.

i to wanna know this

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived