Starting a New SPL Format

BigPimpin91

Here is the Facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/Wicked.Kustomz/posts/286765838001120

I've put forth my few ideas.

Any takers?

Ok so everyone who has kept up with my idea of starting a new format of competing IN 2012 that will involve lots of cash payouts (like $100's +) at every event. and be more music based instead of just burps.

I want everyone to comment on what they LIKE and DISLIKE about the pros and cons of the events that are held now. this goes for all formats: DB DRAG & BASS RACE, USACI, MECCA, FCBC, IASCA and all others. please comment on the things you like best, the things you wish would change, and things that would make it a better show. Also types of categories you think we should have?

and classes should be setup: power, woofer size, height of setup, think of all the rules that are in each of the formats that you compete in now and what you would change.

I want this style of format to be what the people who are the reason this sport exists to be the foundation to how it will be run and the type of competition it will be!

Thanks and please click that you "like" this post to keep it on the top stories.

also try and share this with all your friends. put a link of my profile on your page to tell people to comment about this idea. we wanna get this thing off the ground and get some hardcore competing in 2012!!!

Are you working with John Hone on dis ?

:ninja:

You mean Sir John motherfuckin Hone? Haha Yes IIRC he is part of it

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

im gonna throw this out there.

headrest metering, music, average

the average shouldnt be very long though because as it is most people competing in these types of comps only use a few songs due to length

i want to see this FLB league take off. it seems promising.

and to teardrop^ if you want to be competitive rebuild your box under the window line :)

yes it is headrest metering.

30 sec full tilt music average. with a peak freq of 60 hz.

there is many classes and they are divided up pretty fair.

and our now wall class is not at window height but at a 60% height of your over all interior height.

There is many more rules and class info on our web page. but im not allowed to post any links at this time. Steve said so :( lol

but you can find us on facebook - For the Love of Bass

i just like music comps no burps i think its a waste of talent and equipment just my op don't like the ground and pound in mecca what point does it prove just do a sealed test on music and hell when i get done with my build im going to be in mod 4 or 5 of mecca just because im running 14 volts abd my box goes above back window and yet im only running 4 12s and 3000 watts so i have to compete with guys with 10,000+ watts

Competitions arent for everyone.......

im just saying its bs that it goes by box size and voltage instead of sub size and amount of subs and watts running

The basic classes are based on subs and fuse ratings. Depending on your build you are then classified into your classes. Sorry man the 14 volt batteries is new technology and the rules have not been adjusted for them yet (IN ALL FORMATS). The rules should be adjusted for the new 14 volt batteries, remember the rules are based on a 12 volt system. Give the rules some time to catch up. With proper fusing you should be placed in Park and Pound 3 or 4 and not 5.

Getting back to this thread.........

A new format is great, with the opportunity to win cash is even better. If anything to remember is you can't please everyone. There is always going to be a rule someone doesn't like... It is not fair because... Like I said competitions aren't for everyone.

your right kimo, we cant please everyone. we had a 3 week debate over rules because everyone wanted a class that was just like the setup they had.

I believe we made them as fair as we could but still have many advantages over drag and other formats where your not just stuck in a class my the number of subs or if your over the window line by a inceh.

how are you basing your cash prizes? ARe oyu advertising a set amount per field or basing it on number of participants per class?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hopefully it works out good. :drinks: (and send it over here to ky, meca kind of sucks)

Their is someone in my area that was talking about making a new format and league but I believe it will be quite different if it works...

Goodluck

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Number of people per class N8

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Hopefully it works out good. :drinks: (and send it over here to ky, meca kind of sucks)

Their is someone in my area that was talking about making a new format and league but I believe it will be quite different if it works...

Goodluck

yea mecca kinda sucks here in ky gotta travel to get to good comps

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

how are you basing your cash prizes? ARe oyu advertising a set amount per field or basing it on number of participants per class?

the way the cash prizes work, is we take $10 from everyones entry and put it in the class they are running.

so if you have 4 people in your class you will win $40 but if you had 10 people in your class you can win $100 cash! alot better then a plastic trophy.

Obviously this is worse in other states, in AZ 98% of all competitors actually test on music, if you go to meca site and look at AZ shows, all those are on music, just how we roll, also why you don't see crazy scores lol with that said though, I absolutely support CASH prizes. Next seperate cars and truck and vans lol I hope this works, I would like to see it get big and come out west

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Archived