DC Sound Lab

I just want to know why that 3500 is only doing 1000-1500??? Is his rise really hurting him that much? Can someone please explain? :drinks:

you know rise is caused from the box correct? the way you keep saying it you make it seem like its the amp, his box is prolly terrible.. in my own setup i only clamped 2,3xx out of mine rising from .5 to 2.6 (which is way more than even its 2 ohm rating)

please explain how his box is "terrible" i dont think that was the best choice of words...ive seen people w 9+ ohm of box rise and still sound awesome

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I just want to know why that 3500 is only doing 1000-1500??? Is his rise really hurting him that much? Can someone please explain? :drinks:

you know rise is caused from the box correct? the way you keep saying it you make it seem like its the amp, his box is prolly terrible.. in my own setup i only clamped 2,3xx out of mine rising from .5 to 2.6 (which is way more than even its 2 ohm rating)

^ 2.6/0.5 = 5.2X rise... :peepwall:

i had ~2.3x rise, wired to 5.6 nominal rising to 13ohm.

preston/justin/kasey's jeep had like 12x rise :ehh::lol: BUT it still did mid 50s...

Edited by matt402

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

please explain how his box is "terrible" i dont think that was the best choice of words...ive seen people w 9+ ohm of box rise and still sound awesome

Where'd I say it didn't or wouldn't sound good?

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Like Chode said, bad choice of words. You said his box is probably terrible. Actually...you said prolly terrible...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well see that makes a lot more sense to me, he must have a HUGE amount of rise then correct? Like, he is prolly rising from something like .5 to 4.2 or some crazy number like that?

So I guess I need to learn what exactly it is about the box that creates the rise, so I can try to avoid as much as possible? Sorry I am TRYING to learn? :peepwall:

from my understanding, larger boxes usually help knock down rise, as well as direct connections from the amp to the woofers.. speaker terminals/bolts can help factor into rise.. theres no way to get 100% around it, and musical rise is way different than 1 note rise, on music frequencies are constently changing so you can be rising anywere from 2-4 even 8

my old kicker CVX12s on my aq1200d i was rising to just over 3 ohms, i bypassed the speaker terminals and went directly from amp to woofers and kept it to around 2.5, gained about .8 musically, i went from 142s on music to just over 43s

It's smaller boxes.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

just throwing in the word terrible was enough. disregard my "ive seen people w 9+ ohm of box rise and still sound awesome" comment then elaborate

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

just throwing in the word terrible was enough. disregard my "ive seen people w 9+ ohm of box rise and still sound awesome" comment then elaborate

like mr coolridge

Edited by killallblue

GuEMAcB.png

disregard that part then and elaborate on the terrible part then...

simple enough?

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

I clamped 1009 watts at 5.3 ohm after box rise. Nominal load at .5ohm. Single Sundown saz3500 (doing 1009 at 5.3ohm is decent when it should be around 700 or so). Two DD3515. Excessive Amperage alternator and two Batcap 2000.

My best scores are

152.8dB in the kick at 46-48hz.... 152.0 in the kick playing music... 149.5dB sealed on the dash at 45-48hz... 148.6 sealed on the dash on music... and at the headrest a 150.0 on music and a 150.4 at 43-45hz

and I'm not done. :)

Thanks for the kind words by the way... :)

and Greg... your score is not bad bro. Yea a box change could really help you out... but you have got to do the right box. :)