Second Skin Audio

Fi BTL N2 18" Box Help

Honestly, just ditch the 6x9's and give yourself some more room to work with.

You don't think I have enough space to work with? My car can't really handle more than 6-7 cubes after displacement without a suspension upgrade anyway. That's really the maximum.

How does the Fi Q 18" fully loaded handle a 6 cube box after displacement? I see it is like $150 cheaper and handles 1700-2000 RMS with cooling added. It's also more of an SQ sub for the lows and stuff so I'd like that... However it requires 6-10 cubes :(

Also, a Planet Audio AC4000.1D is rated at 2000 RMS but we all know that is BS... So would it be pushing 1500 RMS do you guys think?

Edited by jmander11

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Just got my BRZ2400.1D in the mail, all that's left to do to hook it up is run the new 0/1 gauge wire...

It will be hooked up to my current PA 15" @ 2 ohms with an output of 1700 RMS.

With 2400 RMS at my disposal at 1 ohm i will pretty much have to go with the Fi BTl N2 18" Dual 2 ohm.

So... how does this sub perform in 4.5 to 5 cubes after displacement, does anyone know? I was also wondering what would be the optimal tuning frequency, 30-32 Hz?

usually less is more in cars. IMO, i think you'd be much better off with a couple of fi Q 12's sealed off from the trunk. even though you have slightly less cone area, sealed off from the trunk is usually louder. IIRC putting an 18 in a trunk with the back seats up is like putting a brick on your sub, which will make it heat up quick.

just my 2 cents worth. best not to "cram" an 18 in, especially in a trunk.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

usually less is more in cars. IMO, i think you'd be much better off with a couple of fi Q 12's sealed off from the trunk. even though you have slightly less cone area, sealed off from the trunk is usually louder. IIRC putting an 18 in a trunk with the back seats up is like putting a brick on your sub, which will make it heat up quick.

My seats do not fold down, however I leave the hatch (if you can call it that).. in the middle of the seats down... It is around 5 inches wide by a foot high so it should be enough. I only have this one amp to work with, and I can't afford another amp AND 2 subs.

Edited by jmander11

My seats do not fold down, however I leave the hatch (if you can call it that).. in the middle of the seats down... It is around 5 inches wide by a foot high so it should be enough. I only have this one amp to work with, and I can't afford another amp AND 2 subs.

the q's would probably cost about the same as an 18 inch BTL :pardon:

and you could wire it to the amp at 1 ohm

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Yah I know how to wire it to 1 ohm :P. The Qs are 1500 RMS each, plus 200-500 RMS on top of that with cooling and I have only 2400 RMS to work with.

The 2 12" Qs are $814 shipped and the BTL 18" is $640 shipped, and both options require about the same size box?

Edited by jmander11

• 8 years later...
11 hours ago, TjThaGreat90 said:

I have 2 18" Fi BTL neo looking to get a box made for Hummer H2

Specs per speaker

Overall diameter 18.5

Cut diameter 16.75

Mounting depth 11.25

Driver displac 0.26 cuft

Ported box 6-8 cuft

Anyone no someone that can build? 

why the hell did you necro an eight year old thread?  go to sub/box and make a new topic