How long can you... do you... have you....

beat the living $#!+ out of your system, without having any problems, heat protection lights, etc ?

Well, I found out how long and hard I could crank mine tonight :) About 2 hours, and maybe 30 songs. I was kind of noticing that in spite of the fact it was a nice, cool evening, I was able to stay warm with the windows down :) LOL My Power 1000 is like one of those big a$$ wall radiators :)

Anyway, after 2 hours of straight abuse, I finally had the thermal protection light start flickering.

Of course a minute later, one of my stereo buddies walks out of work, totally wanting me to crank it up :( Figures. So we talked for about 5 minutes.... I started flipping through a few songs at low volume... when all of the sudden my partner was like, "Ahhh dude ! I love 'Beats Antique" .......and damnit, I just HAD to blast one more song ! No more therm prot lights :) I shut her down right after that though.

I'll be damned.... I guess that thermal protection light really does work ! I think if I had been driving the whole time with lots of circulation, I could have cranked on it indefinately....or till my head asplode ;)

^ This is the benefit of running more resistence than the minimum for your amp. My sub ch could be ran @1ohm, but all I'm asking is 2. If this ain't loud enough, I need more / bigger amps / speakers ;-)

Peace,

Fish

I used to beat on my systems for hours, but now I rarely push a full song before I turn it down and let everything cool off at listening volume. I ran Tripple RMS on a pair of subs for quite a while and its a habbit now to not run things full tilt too long. Then again, I'm also running subs that would be a serious pain in the ass to get recones for and probbaly cost an arm and a leg to get OEM replacements or equivalents. They are aurasound NS15s.

On my current setup I can't play it long enough to get protection lights @ full tilt since I don't have the electrical lol. Plus the subs won't thermally take the 3k for a long time... But If I keep the bass knob down I'll let the highs scream for hours. I was on my way back from Grand Isle which is close to a 3.5hrs for me. But I had the highs up almost the whole way, bass knob little past half way(close to 1200rms) and head lights on too trying to keep my voltage above 13.5 lol. My ears aren't forgiving as much as my system though... I'm sure your ears were hurting a little uh Chris

about 30 seconds full tilt @ idle give or take 5 seconds.. about 15 mins driving down the freeway. I need better electrical :)

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

All day every day.

I believe Team DC Derrick also had a very stout electrical system which allowed him to fully wang on his setup during shows.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

All day every day.

I believe Team DC Derrick also had a very stout electrical system which allowed him to fully wang on his setup during shows.

no team dc derrick was just stupid (and by stupid i mean uncaring ) with his system dropping to 10's at the amp at full tilt.

I can't take mine full tilt for too long. 30 seconds into the right song and i'm ready to puke onto my steering wheel or i'm just swerving all over the road (depends on which box i got in/peak frequency)

You guys and your 30 second jobs.... What if she needs more than that to get off ??? ;) LOL

Seriously though, I guess if you were competing, 30 seconds (or is it, 40 ?) is all you would need. But heck, I sometimes give demo's (or multiple, back to back demos) which last 30 minutes or more.

So I guess my 2 hours before thermal protection kicks in, is pretty good.

It's pretty crazy, I'm running the stock electrical system in my F150, and granted, I'm only powering 1 amp, but the birth sheet shows over 1500 wts RMS (however many amps that takes) and when its cooler (like last night) I can maintain over 14 volts for a LONG time. I think it had finally started to dip to 13.8 or so, when my thermal light started coming on...

Peace,

Fish

If you can't get her there in 30 seconds you're doing it wrong, lol.

And now that Sani mentions it, he's right. I've blown enough equipment that the electrical is the first thing I upgrade. Was running triple Mechman 270 units charging 8 XS D3100s powering three RF T4000s at 1 ohm nominal each.

Adding a 4th 270 here soon and two more D3100s :peepwall:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?