BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

very nice. i have a 2000 Cherokee too. im pretty interested to see how you make your box.

I have a friend assisting me with laying out the box..we are shooting for 7.5 cubes after displacements... prob gonna shoot for 30 to 32 for the tune... I plan on retaining the rear seat as my kids ride in the Jeep often, but I am ok with sacrificing the entire cargo area, no wall tho.. a little above window line is ok.... my guy started crunching numbers and we are thinking sub up, port up on the driver side... just for a laugh heres a pic of the beast particle board box the sub was in when I picked it up...

DSCN5088-1.jpg

1 layer of particle board...no bracing at all... bitchin' home brew aero port lol. Ran the sub off of 600w when I brought it home and I was watching the baffle move about an inch when it hit... thought it was going to tear itself right out... terrible

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Watching this one for sure! Maybe get some ideas for my 98 cherokee...

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

In keeping with the whole budget thing...I got great price on an American Bass 0ga wring kit, so that came home with me the other day...

DSCN5124.jpg

It isn't as fat as the couple pieces of Rockford 0, but it should do the trick, I will be running it from my Optima Red top up front to my Kinetik in the rear..

And speaking of the Kinetik, its an HC2400, and I found a nice home for it... welded up a small brakcet, bolted it in and welded it to the unibody...now using a ratchet strap as well to hold it in place...

DSCN5096.jpg

DSCN5100.jpg

DSCN5099.jpg

was pretty simple to figure out, and I just used some chit that I had laying around my mess of a garage....20 minutes of welding...and some cheap booze and after a while it was done.

DSCN5104.jpg

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Work hard, work fast, be messy.....

DSCN5103.jpg

I think thats about as far as Ive gotten right now...If this damn rain stops tomorrow after work I hope to start yanking out pieces of interior and running wire... Im also on the look out for a decent budget(yup that word again) head unit... Preferably one that can control my Ipod..Right now the jeep has a cheapo dual in it, its only saving grace= it has full Ipod control, so I can leave it tucked in the glove box...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I have a 94 Cherokee and all I'm running is a stock battery stock alt 4 gauge wires 12 gauge sub wires 1 sundown sa8 and 1 soundsteam trx2.550 I have 2 jensen 6x9s in boxes right behind the seats and some cheap 5 1/4s in all of the holes. Now if that isn't budget then I don't know what is lol my amp was like 120 or so (it was on sale) and my sub was 135 and everything else was around 100 :)

-EGAG

1994 Jeep Cherokee

!@#$%^&*(Soon to come)*&^%$#@!

TONS AND TONS of Audio Technix 80Mil

1 x 270 Amp Mechman Alt

1 x AQ3500D.1

1 x Rockford Fosgate T600-4

8 x Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

2 x XS Power D3100

1 x XS Power D3400

1 x eKs Kable 2 Channel Silver Plated RCA 5M

1 x Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Red 50FT.

1 x Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Black 50FT.

4 x Avenue - A605

2 x Fi Q 18

Thats cool man^^^ as long as it get its done...my budget is a little different...nothing huge but I wanted something a little better sounding and louder than Ive had in the past...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i love these budget builds

Thanks man......I see your in Dayton, Im an Ohio boy too....if youre ever in the north half of the state, hit me up.....

Got the interior torn apart and main power run installed.....hope to have the wiring mostly finished this evening.... also scored a nice little scorpion digital volt meter...I dont use the ashtray, so itll prob get a plate made and mounted there..... no batteries for cam last night....I'll get some up tonight of the progress...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

nice build man!

just wondering, why is your username BigSix? its weird cause a lot of people call me little six cause my last name is sixberry

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

nice build man!

just wondering, why is your username BigSix? its weird cause a lot of people call me little six cause my last name is sixberry

BigSix is something a couple of my buddies called me for a while when we were younger....mainly cause they were on the shorter side and im a lil above average size...im not some huge ass freak or nothin, but Im 6'4'' and like 280... so it just kinda stuck as a name I use on the 'net

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived