BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

....another new update... after some thinkin, the jeep is also gettin a slight power upgrade at the end of the month as well. Thats top secret until I can post pics of the box getting opened upon receive said amp.... :peepwall: No more BRZ for me......just have to wait and see..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK so here is where I'm at, what was going to be just an amp swap has turned into different subs, new amp for mids n highs, new mids n highs speakers, new amp for subs, another kinetic HC2400 and more glass work on my doors along with another run of 1/0 from the front batt to the rear. Pics will be getting posted around the end of the week, as I have really just put my ass into gear and got rolling on everything and I am still waiting on parts to show up so I can begin to mock them up and get shit built. Check out my UBL for a list of whats going in this time around. Also the box shown above is not being used, we came up with something that I feel will perform better. Damn this evil car audio bug... Old setups best on the meter was a 44.1 on music, lets see if less cone area and more power can do better..not to mention a huge upgrade in the mids n highs department as well...

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

In keeping with the whole budget thing...I got great price on an American Bass 0ga wring kit, so that came home with me the other day...

DSCN5124.jpg

It isn't as fat as the couple pieces of Rockford 0, but it should do the trick, I will be running it from my Optima Red top up front to my Kinetik in the rear..

And speaking of the Kinetik, its an HC2400, and I found a nice home for it... welded up a small brakcet, bolted it in and welded it to the unibody...now using a ratchet strap as well to hold it in place...

DSCN5096.jpg

DSCN5100.jpg

DSCN5099.jpg

was pretty simple to figure out, and I just used some chit that I had laying around my mess of a garage....20 minutes of welding...and some cheap booze and after a while it was done.

This looks awesome! I have a 2001 and was planning to do the exact same thing with my battery in about 2 weeks. Any tips? And how does it look structurally? Notice any sag on that side? Thanks and keep it up

Also: good budget HU would be a kenwood kdc-395. can control ipod on either the ipod or the hu

Edit: Nvm lol looks like you already got a new HU. i didnt get to far reading before i posted about this.

^^ still looking for a new HU in a couple weeks, this one is surviving, but barely...the 18 beat the shit out of it and it is almost useless without the remote now..all the buttons have a mind of their own..

I didnt notice much, if any sag when I mounted the kinetic there, all i did was fab up a small frame from some angle steel and welded it driectly to the pinch sean that is behind that panel, then i whipped up a lil spacer for the one side and also bolted it through the floor. Battery rack is solid as could be and hasnt given me an issue yet, and I drive like a nut ball. Fun part now is going to be figuring out where the second Kinetic is going to get put once i get it in my hands, I am quickly running out of room back there for shit. Ill come up with something, might even use second kinetic under the hood to replace the red top that is currently there... also kind of have my eye on the deka intimidator series batts from napa as well... Ill figure that out in the next week or so...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

^^ still looking for a new HU in a couple weeks, this one is surviving, but barely...the 18 beat the shit out of it and it is almost useless without the remote now..all the buttons have a mind of their own..

I didnt notice much, if any sag when I mounted the kinetic there, all i did was fab up a small frame from some angle steel and welded it driectly to the pinch sean that is behind that panel, then i whipped up a lil spacer for the one side and also bolted it through the floor. Battery rack is solid as could be and hasnt given me an issue yet, and I drive like a nut ball. Fun part now is going to be figuring out where the second Kinetic is going to get put once i get it in my hands, I am quickly running out of room back there for shit. Ill come up with something, might even use second kinetic under the hood to replace the red top that is currently there... also kind of have my eye on the deka intimidator series batts from napa as well... Ill figure that out in the next week or so...

Thanks! Tuned in for sure

who me? what is this new box you speak of?

Im just not sold on the color yet, gotta let it dry and plop it in the Heep and see if I like.. Ill upload one in a second for ya though..

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

if only you guys knew whats comming for the jeep

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived