2 15" L7's

kanfraz

Hey guys, I'm gonna apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

Im building a new box soon and i have all the dimensions, internal cubic ft is gonna be 5.3 per box and i'm going to tune it to 40 Hz. i know that my ports need to be 2in X 20in. my question is about the ports, i know they need to be atleast 2 in away from the sub and walls but when it comes down to it do i need to section it off with mdf or just leave it be? meaning that it would be direct to the rest of the box not a section? thanks in advamce

• 1 month later...

Have you heard L7s? Tuned to 40hz? SQ and kicker?? I'm new around here.bit NOTHING you have said makes sense. Sq you want more around 30hz.not 40. My L7s sounded like ass tuned to.32hz. My new box.is tuned.to 38.5 and is a lot better, but I just want them.loud lol.

Man I have a full kicker system in my truck.for.now ans while it sounds amazing for the music.I listen to.it is far from SQ. I had to.come in here just to.see what gets said

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

i have 2 on a prefab box that sound like crap and i have 2 on my truck in 4th order and it hits harder that way, the 4th order i gave it 6 cubes per chamber the prefab fox like 2.5 and tiny ports thats why i say it has to do with install, no mater what you have if you dont have the right box its going to sound like $h!t

• 3 weeks later...

I would think if your going for SQ, you want a sub in a sealed box. When it comes to SQ you don't want bass to hit HARD, you want it to be well balanced and not over powering like these would do for sure.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I would think if your going for SQ, you want a sub in a sealed box. When it comes to SQ you don't want bass to hit HARD, you want it to be well balanced and not over powering like these would do for sure.

Which you can do in EITHER a sealed or ported box good.gif

I have my current sub in a ported box and the thing is completely flat from 60hz to 27hz. Not overpowering unless I want it to be.

Which you can do in EITHER a sealed or ported box good.gif

I have my current sub in a ported box and the thing is completely flat from 60hz to 27hz. Not overpowering unless I want it to be.

Now that's whats up!!! good shit

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm