Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosure

DK99

Imo, i'd sell it and try and get 2 12s.

i agree with you. you can't try and cram things into small places where they don't fit... at least not in the audio world :P

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Here are the measurements that will work... H-13in W-35in D-25in Im not sure what my car peeks at so tuning and port can be suggested and this is my current box it sucks

image_url-54974-1318545553.jpg

The reason the current box sucks is because it's not nearly enough airspace for that 18". You need at least 7-8 cubes of air before displacements. I think you could get a great trade for that sub, or sell it outright and get good money for it, and THEN go get some nice 12's. You'd have almost the same cone area as that 18 with 2 12's(not quite, but close). Without using the back seat, I don't see how you'll ever make that sub sound its best.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I don't think 8.22 inches of port per cube is enough honestly. What kind of port area is he running now? My vote would be for two kickass 12's also.

actually for round ports i think 8-12 per cube is the range. chris torres actually said once that it doesn't have to be exactly within the range, it just has to be close. i wish i could do better, but 5" diameter tubes are hard to come by and they don't do much for the box.

i can't agree with you more about having a couple 12's vs an 18, however the task at hand was to create a box for an 18.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Here are the measurements that will work... H-13in W-35in D-25in Im not sure what my car peeks at so tuning and port can be suggested and this is my current box it sucks

image_url-54974-1318545553.jpg

The reason the current box sucks is because it's not nearly enough airspace for that 18". You need at least 7-8 cubes of air before displacements. I think you could get a great trade for that sub, or sell it outright and get good money for it, and THEN go get some nice 12's. You'd have almost the same cone area as that 18 with 2 12's(not quite, but close). Without using the back seat, I don't see how you'll ever make that sub sound its best.

On kicker site it says 2700 rms daily in a 5.0 cubic ft box im only running 2000 watts so I think im good.... The box looks kickass thanks

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

On kicker site it says 2700 rms daily in a 5.0 cubic ft box im only running 2000 watts so I think im good.... The box looks kickass thanks

Make sure you give me the link to your build log when you start building this beast

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

you can not not not not fit a removable box for that in your trunk. in fact you are going to have one hell of a time getting a box to fit in there at all for it. drop in without cutting you cant fit much with some strategic sawzalling you can fit alot more.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That sub will like a box ALOT bigger than you have to work with. Sell it and go with something smaller.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

you can not not not not fit a removable box for that in your trunk. in fact you are going to have one hell of a time getting a box to fit in there at all for it. drop in without cutting you cant fit much with some strategic sawzalling you can fit alot more.

The box he designed me is the exact same size box I have now in my trunk fully removable.. the difference is the new one will be ported correctly and not leak air

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

Archived