Second Skin Audio

So I have been in contact with the second skin rep Jon, and all I have to say is I love the customer service. I had talked to him about getting samples of the new alpha damp, which he sent me along with their other 2 damplifier materials, and their competitors. Great service and talking skills, very polite and easy to talk to. I haven't had anytime yet to actually apply them, but from the looks, I can say easily that second skin materials are generaly thinner than others, and easily Alpha damp is the thinnest. All of the damping material I received has relatively the same stiffness in regards to bending. That is my little .02 on the physical aspects of the materials. Also how great they are with people, that are not even customers yet, I can say that I really hope Alpha damp stays on the market because I will easily buy that to deaden my car.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Thinnest or thickest?

maybe he did mean thinnest.. if it works the same thinner is better, tight?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

it is pretty thin

but really strong

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Go me! ;)

You were just on the tail end of me sending out samples so I was really glad I was able to help you out.

Alpha Damp is right in between Damplifier and Damplifier Pro.

Damplifier - 40 mils

Alpha Damp - 60 mils

Damplifier Pro - 80mils

Our products fall in between a lot of the competitions in terms of thickness. Take the industry's standard Dynamat Xtreme for instance, it's 67 mils ±, that makes it thicker than two of our products. But total thickness isn't the deciding factor. Thickness and stiffness of the constraining layer has a lot to do with how the product performs. The foil on Damplifier is 6.5 mils, which is a good 2.5 mils thicker than Dynamat Xtreme's containing layer. This is how our baseline product is able to perform as well as and even better than most other 60-70 mil products. Go science! :P

So Mr. RooTxBeeR's comment of our products being thinner is actually true.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

On a side note Jon- About the lost sample pack- I had a talk with my mail carrier and he had been putting MY mail in the wrong mail box! I was soo infuriated, but the sample pack was indeed in there, so if you want me to return the second one you sent I will.

Na, no need. Give it to a friend, use it... too much of a hassle sending it back. lol

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png