Sonic Electronix

What's wrong with my speaker? (video)

Hey guys, I need some help with my speaker. It's a soundstream sst 6.9 (6x9) at low volumes it sounds like it's blown but when I play at normal loud level it sounds fine no distortion. If you see my video you can tell when it's low volume and when it's loud. In the video it sounds exactly the same as in person so if you hear distortion at low volumes it's cuz it really does sound like that but at loud volume it sounds fine no distortion. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it?

My link

If link doesn't work let me kno cuz I'm posting mobile

sounds like you blew it. it still sounds like its blown when you're cranking up the volume though.

but i'd wait for more opinions.

edit: desktop link ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhU__vrFRfE

i know i said it sounds exactly in how it sounds in the vid, but i just looked at it again and at high volume it sounds distorted IN THE VIDEO but not in person, trust me its just on low volumes. :shrug:

it could be something inside where the coil gap is or a blown coil. My solox was like that when it was blown, at low volumes i could hear that damn coil rubbing on the pole piece like all hell but when i cranked it up on its last few minutes of life i didnt hear it. I also have a set of 6.5" my dad got that are the same type of design as your 6x9. His has small fragments of glass and metal in where the coil gap is since it was ripped out of a car that was in a collision. I tried to clean it out with some tape but it still has some in there. One thing i did to try and help it was to push on the cone from side to side to make the inside of the coil rub on the gap and then rotate sides until the scraping would stop. You could keep railing on it but i wouldnt recommend it. If it was me id see if you can get some tape wedged in the gap area and pick anything out of there because you may have something in there. If it comes out clean then try to push GENTLY and rock the cone from side to side to see if you can get any dirt out of the area. If you can remove the center piece that is holding your tweeter on take that out and look down in there to see if theres any crap in there.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Kickass audio- do u think it will work the same with an air compressor and blow anything that might be in there? Only thing I've tried is blowing inside the coil with my mouth ( no homo lol)

Also it's been playing like that for at least 2 months and I used to always bump my music even when it sounded like that.