Sonic Electronix

What's wrong with my speaker? (video)

i wouldnt blow any air into it. It will make anything that may have fallen into the coil gap go further into the gap and get stuck at the bottom of the magnet. Like i said, if you can try to either gently turn the pole holding your tweeter on the speaker or pull it off do that and get inside where the coil is for your midrange driver. If you cant id just try to get something like painters tape and roll it up in a circle and put it in there one side at a time to get the sticky side to grab onto anything in there and take it out. The one my dad has does not have a bad coil, just a ton of crap in the gap area which i was able to get to fall out from slamming on them with my new 4 channel amp. lmao

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

no problem man. As long as you dont play too low of a tone on the speaker or ramp up the power to an ungodly amount you shouldnt have any problems with it. It prob just has some crap in there or has the slight risk that the coil is rubbing in there, you never can truly know until your playing around with things to try and fix it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Bad link

bad link as in what? im just running it off stock system and hu atm. i used to have it amplified on my old honda before i sold it, but now its just on a stock system nothing upgraded.

Bad link as in bad video link.

oh haha that would been nice to kno 4 days ago :lol:

but kranny fixed it :good:

Bad link

bad link as in what? im just running it off stock system and hu atm. i used to have it amplified on my old honda before i sold it, but now its just on a stock system nothing upgraded.

Bad link as in bad video link.

oh haha that would been nice to kno 4 days ago :lol:

but kranny fixed it :good:

Lol yup yup. Ah well. I saw the vid. It does seem blown

blown of coil rub broski

468x60drc.jpg