Holy ****. Is all dubstep clipped to hell?

Perhaps i'm making a sweeping generalization, but I'm already ready to throw this new "genre" out the window. Downloaded Scary Monsters and Sprites by Skrillex and all I'm seeing is flat bass waves on the oscilloscope. I wouldn't mind if the main emphasis of dubstep wasn't a throbbing bassline carrying the song together.

Dubstep is odd. I like some songs, I hate a lot of them. There should be a strong, consistent bass line and some good higher synth beats with high hats and such to fill in the mid and high range notes. I hate the shit that was designed for people wearing Apple iPod earbuds and have no bass and just do the midrange wub wub shit. Hell, the only song I like by Skrillex is his remix of In For the Kill by La Roux, and that's cause the chick has a killer voice and I'm far too manly too play the original version. /flex

No, seriously, there's only a handful of songs by a select few artists that I really enjoy.

For example: two songs by the same artist with a similar theme.

Song of Storms dubstep remix by Ephixa

Lost Woods dubstep remix by Ephixa

Now, I love me some Zelda, and I love both of these songs, but the Lost Woods remix has too much midrange wobbly shit going on. I MUCH prefer the Song of Storms, even if the "LISTEN!!!" part of the Lost Woods drop is fucking brilliant.

/wall of text

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Blech, I agree. Dubstep is a very iffy genre. Like both your second songs, I really had to listen for that bass drop honestly. Dubstep is a bit of a sensory overload of synths for me which overpowers the bass.

I just like my consistent bass hits like in rap, high, mid, or low.

That song has a lot of the same frequency's in dubstep. kinda 47hz+ range you know. Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but I love the hits like in that song, but not in dubstep.

Had a "client" blow up his shit by playing dubstep he downloaded from youtube and converted to .mp3 :facepalm:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Yeah a lot is clipped, but just make sure you play songs that if they are clipped they aren't clipped terribly. I honestly play quite a bit of clipped music and my subs are still working, a clipped signal is worse than clipped music but when you get songs like Gucci's "Swing My Doors" that's something you need not to play.

This is one of my faves and its pretty damn clean:

Also, thanku for that Jeezy above! Never heard it but just an FYI its pretty damn clipped too on the bass hits

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yeah a lot is clipped, but just make sure you play songs that if they are clipped they aren't clipped terribly. I honestly play quite a bit of clipped music and my subs are still working, a clipped signal is worse than clipped music but when you get songs like Gucci's "Swing My Doors" that's something you need not to play.

This is one of my faves and its pretty damn clean:

Also, thanku for that Jeezy above! Never heard it but just an FYI its pretty damn clipped too on the bass hits

+1 for that shit... Plan B is something of a favorite for me..

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Ive never understood why people like dubstep.

I mean one song could get me hyped while skatin but not as a daily thing.

Yesterday my friends drove to O llies skatepark and played a song by skrillex?

And all I could think was , "wtf is this" and , " omg, another kid joinin this crowd..."

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

^^^ironically you sound just like all(ok not all. more like the rational not idiotic ones) the people against car audio. music is music is music. everyone has a preference, not worth trying to decipher why

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

^^^ironically you sound just like all(ok not all. more like the rational not idiotic ones) the people against car audio. music is music is music. everyone has a preference, not worth trying to decipher why

I don't hate it.

And I know eveyone has there own tastes.

But its like it all started happening just recently.

This genres been out for a long time.

And to add about everyone's own preferences, I like nintendo core, and 8 bit.

Try bumping to tht. Haha

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Archived