Sonic Electronix

SLOT PORTS OR ROUND PORTS .... which is better ...?

Aeroports are more efficient from my understanding. And usually more space friendly, just a little harder on the wallet.

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

from my experience, aero ports are louder and slot ports sound better. but thats only because of a few limits of the aero port. they only come 17" long. so if you want a lot of port area, the ports cant be long enough to be able to tune low. so with the higher tuning you lose low end output. a slot port can be as big and long as you want it to be. they are just not as efficient.

thats a fairly general explanation but its the guideline i personally follow. you could go with less aero port area and tune lower but lose output from having a small port. or you could make your own aero ports as long as you want.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Neither is better than the other IMO. But they do have their uses. In a situation where airspace is limited, slot ports displace more box volume. In a situation where space is limited, aero ports are definitely nice. I've heard aeroport boxes that sound fantastic and just the same slot port boxes that sound fantastic. You can tune low with aeros, but not much lower if any than 30 hertz given the length constraints of 17" like skittles said.

Edited by Blackedout

Don't forget that it is SUPER easy to retune the box with an aero port.

• 2 weeks later...

how do you do that

How do you change aero tuning easy? All you do is adjust the length. :)

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets