Second Skin Audio

Kicker SoloX 18 or.... not?

Hifonics

if you can set the amp correctly, as in none or minimal distortion, two sa15's will be perfect. i say this because 6 cubes is on the smaller side for 2 15's which will help your battle for power handling. also, given your 6 cubes, its probably the most cone area you'll achieve; which is important leaving power at a constant. also, SA's are on sale until the end of october and 2 can be had for around 400. also, the subs themselves dont lose much of their resale value; they're strong great sounding woofers. lastly, the SA series have recones available for 50$ each, so they are quite reasonable to fix if something were to happen.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

if you can set the amp correctly, as in none or minimal distortion, two sa15's will be perfect. i say this because 6 cubes is on the smaller side for 2 15's which will help your battle for power handling. also, given your 6 cubes, its probably the most cone area you'll achieve; which is important leaving power at a constant. also, SA's are on sale until the end of october and 2 can be had for around 400. also, the subs themselves dont lose much of their resale value; they're strong great sounding woofers. lastly, the SA series have recones available for 50$ each, so they are quite reasonable to fix if something were to happen.

Thanks for the info dude! I'm really having a hell of a time deciding. I'm sure the SA's will take a beating but with a 2.5" aluminum coil.. idk man... I'm skeptical :( seems a lot of subs are going aluminum.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Thanks for the info dude! I'm really having a hell of a time deciding. I'm sure the SA's will take a beating but with a 2.5" aluminum coil.. idk man... I'm skeptical :( seems a lot of subs are going aluminum.

SA's come stock with copper coils. however, aluminum actually handles more heat than copper does.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

solo x's get pretty loud on the power u have, u go over 3.5k and you will start smelling the coil after hearing it for a bit. i had 2 18's and one of them i blew and the other one, the cone separated from the glue joint inside underneath the cone.

this is what happened when i put my atomic 7k to one 18 solox, it definitely got very loud but u smell coil fast.

securedownload32.jpg

securedownload33.jpg

securedownload42.jpg

thats exactly what happened to me now im only a 85kg guy ROFL when i pulled it out and seen what happened (cost me 1000nz dollars shipped and in a 8cube box) i picked up the sub above my head and threw the fucker on the ground pissed me off so bad and then the magnet for the motor in side came out after i threw the fucker around FUCK KICKER thats why its called kicker cause you KICK YOURSELF AFTER YOU BUY IT LIKE A DUMASS!!

you can get loud of almost anything dude dave the box guy on exos vid hit a 140 of some shit on 2 10inch cerwin vegas LOL

you can get loud of almost anything dude dave the box guy on exos vid hit a 140 of some shit on 2 10inch cerwin vegas LOL

Agreed! But I just wanna make sure that when I get in my truck I don't have to worry about stinky voice coils due to too much power... Because I might upgrade my amp now that I'm reading more about clipping and such...

Anyone hear any good things about RE subs? I can get 2 15's that handle 2k rms for a little over 5 bills

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-2 Crescendo FT1

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log

Anyone hear any good things about RE subs? I can get 2 15's that handle 2k rms for a little over 5 bills

what model?

what model?

SXX15's are in my price range. 2000watts RMS for two

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-2 Crescendo FT1

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log

Guys I don't know if most of you know this, but this kid already had an FI BTL! And he is looking at a bunch of subs that are not even on the same level... Can someone please join me in explaining that his best option is reconing his BTL and not clipping it, giving it the right amount of power, and building the right size of box... HelP him not make a big mistake

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived