Second Skin Audio

Hifonic hfi 12s

pitbullninja

The next step up, if I were doing it, would be type Rs. That is if you wanted to stay mainstream. They would run you $120 each. However... Running HFis... They are dirt cheap... Which means recones for them will also be relatively cheap.

Like I told you in the first thread you made about the 2500 watt system, use them to learn, not to amaze people.

What im getting at is build a few boxes, make a couple mistakes, and then invest $50 into learning how to recone the HFis once you blow them. You'll be ahead of the game if you know how to recone or build subs before you even own your first real set.

why recone a $30 woofer? Throw it out and buy a new one.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

They are a decent woofer, i was impressed by the sound for being less than $30 each new. I have about 10 at my house and 4 are blown. They don't like being over powered even in small boxes, I have 4 in 6cubes and they get hot quick on 1200rms total. They get low pretty good too, I've tuned them to 32,33,34,36,40 and i liked 32 the most

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

I'm trying to remember who- Boon or PT?

Swears by them. Really good sub for the price as best I can tell. I have thought about doing 12 of them myself......

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

They are a decent woofer, i was impressed by the sound for being less than $30 each new. I have about 10 at my house and 4 are blown. They don't like being over powered even in small boxes, I have 4 in 6cubes and they get hot quick on 1200rms total. They get low pretty good too, I've tuned them to 32,33,34,36,40 and i liked 32 the most

You like 2 in a ported enclosure tuned to 32? Or 14 in an enclosure tuned to 42? Because thats apples and oranges right there.

Would 1k get too hot?

Well he had 4 on 1200 and you wanna do 2 on 1k. So that's like double the power... So idk. There's only one way to find out tho!!! :D

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

you had them on less then rms in a smaller box and they got hot fast? were you clipping?

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

Def clipping... -.- they're 600 Max power.

subwoofers don't clip.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived