Second Skin Audio

The "Scrap Wood Sixth Order"

Autruche

Damn that is good.

This just shows it's not the material that makes the box, it's the man. :clapping::drinks:

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Post vids when you test! :)

Well, when it makes it out into my friend's explorer it will be on an SAZ-3000D, so if it sounds as good as it looks it should do some work. Vids will be on the way.

Looks good. I don't know how long those cardboard pieces will last though. Good practice for the real build.

Yeah, not too sure on that, I'm thinking about backing it with some dowel rods for strength, but it's from thick cardboard tubes that 600 pound rolls of newspaper come on, so I think it should be fine.

looking good ! not bad for scraps huh !

Thanks!

Looks good. :)

Thanks!

AWESOME scrap wood box!! Thats an awesome box even if it wasnt scrap wood! Nice job!!! :clapping:

Thanks. A few weeks ago I went to a Chinese restaurant and got a fortune cookie that said "Any job, big or small, do it right, or not at all." I really took it to heart.

Looks good, and no money really invested. Id like to see what this thing will do and how it sounds

Well, I did pick up a sheet of birch because I was going to build a new ported box... But 6th orders are so sexy.

This looks great man! I've had the itch to try a 4th or 6th experiment for a while. Seeing this much go into just testing make me want to try it more. Be sure to post some texting results. Good work. :good:

I really wish there was a TL around here so I could get some numbers. I'll just have to post a couple vids of it in action. It may sound stupid, but a lot of the time when I get the itch to try an experimental box, I whip it up out of particle board so if it doesn't work right I'm not out much money. Bandpasses have to be learned more through experience than reading, but with how this one turned out, it is well worth it.

Damn that is good.

This just shows it's not the material that makes the box, it's the man. :clapping::drinks:

Well, you know what they say; 10% equipment, 90% install.

Lookin good man. Guess I missed it. What sub?

Thanks. I'll be dropping in my RE MT 15 when I have a chance.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I think you'll be surprised by how good it sounds, you did an awesome job

i've build numerous 6.5 and 6x9 boxes outta scrap, and 1 1 cub sub box, the thing was awesome to test directions inside of any vehicle

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

This is sweet. Can't wait to see how it sounds!

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Click to see my build log!

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

Hey stupid. I got your report. You cant type a coherent sentence but yet think you can run this much power? You cant even hyperlink on the internet. You have no mention of power upgrades. You just want dat big boom dat make dem bitchez panteez drop. Next time you report someone make sure the one getting the report isnt the one you reported.

Dude, those "kerf" ended up looking awesome if you ask me, that was a great idea, sadly i don´t have a tool to make those cuts :(

anyways, great job for sure, tuned in for more pics and vids :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That box is pimp. Can't wait to see it bumpin, too.

I'd love to know about how to tune series tuned 6th orders, there's lots of info on teh internetz about dual tuned 6th orders but nothing about series tuned. Do you have any resources or is it strictly on a build-n-try thing?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived