Second Skin Audio

Kicker Rep Suggested Box THOUGHTS?

We cant help you if you cant help us getting the info....

what info do you need exactly?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

I worked for Best Buy for a while and, when I got there, the lead autotech was building boxes off of specs recommended by kicker. They sounded horrible! The customers that paid custom money for those boxes got screwed because they don't play low bass with that small box and high tuning.

You had better design a box to your sub with help from somebody on the forum before you waste your time building a woofer (not SUBwoofer) box....

Is that 30sq in of port for the 4.2cube box?

no, thats for the 2.1

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

No I think he recommended the 30 for the 2.1 cubes which is right in the rule of thumb area. Punkrok not sure why you think its a problem

because he keeps being vague and i thought it was total port area.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

No I think he recommended the 30 for the 2.1 cubes which is right in the rule of thumb area. Punkrok not sure why you think its a problem

because he keeps being vague and i thought it was total port area.

i didn't think i was being vague. what exactly do you need to know to better help me?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

the box will be fine. build and be happy

k? k.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

for peak performance for loudness

2.1 cuft/sub

tuned to 38-40 hz.....!?

The optimum enclosure is more like 3.75 cu. ft. per 12" L7 with a large port. I cannot remember the size of the port but if you call over there to Kicker they will give you the dims (don't ask a sales rep, they don't know). If you are lucky and anyone is left at Kicker that knows anything about car audio then they will give you the hot setup for that sub. I have built many of them used in PA systems at events and in event semis and they crank with big QSC amps running them. If you want to get straight to the best source there at Kicker, try to get a hold of Kip. If you can't get him then try tech support but good luck.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.