Second Skin Audio

Audiopulse Subs

Currently thinking about purchasing a couple of audiopulse 8" epics for a new build. I have around 800watts rms to give to each of these (if they can take it !) and anything upto 3.5cubes to play with. Want to go ported and compete in local SPL competitions, Id be up against 2x 8's or single 10" setups where levels of upto 137 - 140dbs are currently being achieved.

Any thoughts or comments welcome.

Currently thinking about purchasing a couple of audiopulse 8" epics for a new build. I have around 800watts rms to give to each of these (if they can take it !) and anything upto 3.5cubes to play with. Want to go ported and compete in local SPL competitions, Id be up against 2x 8's or single 10" setups where levels of upto 137 - 140dbs are currently being achieved.

Any thoughts or comments welcome.

Never heard of audiopulse personaly, if you got a link post it please. If I was gonna grab some 8's to pound on I would try them soundslpinter rl-i 8's, check out the vids on realm of excursion, they are sick for 8's. Just my opinion though and they are about 165 apiece.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

Never heard of audiopulse personaly, if you got a link post it please. If I was gonna grab some 8's to pound on I would try them soundslpinter rl-i 8's, check out the vids on realm of excursion, they are sick for 8's. Just my opinion though and they are about 165 apiece.

its TC Sounds dealer based brand www.tcsounds.com and from what I heard all the products are overpriced

Edited by Eric B

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Nov 13 2007, 05:34 PM) 192967[/snapback]
its TC Sounds dealer based brand www.tcsounds.com and from what I heard all the products are overpriced

very overpriced. those 8's will probably run you a couple hundred bucks a piece

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eric B @ Nov 13 2007, 05:34 PM) 192967[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->its TC Sounds dealer based brand www.tcsounds.com and from what I heard all the products are overpriced

very overpriced. those 8's will probably run you a couple hundred bucks a piece

Ouch! I was also thinking Digitals Designs but after seeing those sondsplinters I may go along that route. They look truley Awsome!

Does anybody have a link to soundsplinter?

at one time they where priced really good. now they are more of a distributer and prices went up at least 100% on all products. my friend was lucky enough to get two of the tc-1000 before they went up, unlucky for me i didnt have money

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

I personally would say Soundsplinter

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

http://www.soundsplinter.com/ and the soundsplinters, I have a good friend I coaxed into buying one and it really pounds for one 8, its in a s10. There is recommended enclosure designs on their site, but I would try for the "hellboy" enclosure like Pete from team toxic bass made. Sorry couldn't find the link.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit