Sonic Electronix

Hey fellers, alright well im not very experienced in car audio, i know most of the basics but still learning for the most part, so i decided I was going to get another car stereo system (DC level 3) and didn't want to clip the sub to death, so being smart about this i went to my local radio shop about 10 miles away and ask them how much it would be, then shortly after i asked "Do you set the gains by ear?" They replied Yeah we listen to it and set the gains, then i replied Oh you don't use a O-Scope? They said oh we use that to. What a shame. I left the shop quickly laughing because the store told me just want i wanted to hear, not what they do. Really wish i could find a quality shop around here that doesn't always give me a load of bs. Anyways was just wondering any other stories if somethin like this happened to you at your local shop would love to read about it. Not like i have anything better to do right now haha.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Yeah, it kinda cracks me up. Then i went to another local shop and there talking down the other shop pretty funny. But yeah awhile back they tried to sell me a BOSS amp like it was the best thing in the world :l

Check out my build log:

wait until you go to the flea market, motherfukers will try to sell you their kid if they have to make a sale.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Since when does a sales person equal the quality of an install?

Depending on genre you may have to over gain to achieve the best results because of the lack of lower end punch in that type of music.

Your ears are the best equipment you'll ever have, depending on what a person listens to the dd-1, o-scope will be perfect for the their needs but when you listen to older classic rock and metal you have no choice but to gain higher than listening to bass heavy tracks.

Sadly a fair amount of shops will try to sell you the shit they have had on the shelves for a long time whether it's some good brand name item or total garbage brands, but as long as you know what you want and not get sucked into his game you'll be fine.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Haha, if only i had the money Savin for an amp right now to power my dc audio tryin not to cheap out on a amp this time :D had a crunch amp on a kicker crx last time.... in a prefab box lmfao -_- hopefully this system will be better.

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

Since when does a sales person equal the quality of an install?

Depending on genre you may have to over gain to achieve the best results because of the lack of lower end punch in that type of music.

Your ears are the best equipment you'll ever have, depending on what a person listens to the dd-1, o-scope will be perfect for the their needs but when you listen to older classic rock and metal you have no choice but to gain higher than listening to bass heavy tracks.

Sadly a fair amount of shops will try to sell you the shit they have had on the shelves for a long time whether it's some good brand name item or total garbage brands, but as long as you know what you want and not get sucked into his game you'll be fine.

The sales person is the person who is installing it, basicly by him telling me two different stories he just told me what i wanted to hear, i agree your ears are the best piece of equipment you have, but it doesn't solve clipping :)

Check out my build log:

Sdepending on what a person listens to the dd-1, o-scope will be perfect for the their needs but when you listen to older classic rock and metal you have no choice but to gain higher than listening to bass heavy tracks.

Strongly disagree!

First off, compensating with a higher gain setting to listen to a lower quality or volume track is not always the best idea..

Then to farther add to having a higher gain to listen to rock and metal... Most kick drums are clipped already when recorded, so a higher gain just adding more clipping.

The proper way to go about this is to buy digital remastered oldies, or a epicenter.. This is why the epicenter was made, to restore lost audio, not to bass enhance slowed, chopped and pre-bassboosted songs like what most people think.

Hoever, that is a very biased explanation since the tone disc that comes with the DD-1 already features tones at different db levels 0db through -15db based on your music listening choices...

PS: Tony, Steve, and Juan must have done something right if they sold over 650 units in under 2 months times... Just saying.

Edited by Audiofanaticz