Need DD-1 Help in regards to processors

I am hoping someone can tell me this. I have a good friend who wants his car tuned. But I can't for the life of me figure whats the best order to do it in. He has an Alpine touch screen in dash and the Imprint processor which is installed but not tuned. I am wondering what order to use to tune it with the DD-1. Should I run the software and Imprint the car first or should I use the DD-1 to set the amps then run Imprint. I don't know and I was it to sound its best. He spent a lot of money on great equipment and I want him to get the max potential out of the system. If you would like an equipment list I can get it. Thanks for any help in advance and if this has already been asked I'm sorry I searched and couldn't find anything.

Edit- Not sure if this should have went here or in the DD-1 section. Sorry I forgot Steve put that section on here till after I posted it.

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Bump anyone

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

I would set the gains then imprint it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It depends on what you set the imprint to do. If you go in the imprint and set all the eq settings to 0 so that its "flat" then you can set the unit with the dd-1 and the imprint system running. Now if you run the imprint system and have already actually tuned the system (ie you actually flatten out the eq freq's so that they all have the same db level) then i wouldnt tune it with the dd-1 as your frequency response will be different for each frequency and will skew your results a bit as you are tuning and setting the gains on the amps, headunit, and other stuff. I noticed this with my 3sixty.2 and i dont have a dd-1 but just a tpi-440 scope. If i go in the 3sixty and set the eq so its all flat and set my gains it will be more spot on for the distortion level as opposed to letting the 3sixty.2 tune my eq itself so that it has a flat output curve.

Just make sure when you do it that all your crossover settings are off and your eq is flat and your bass boost and stuff like that is off. It will really mess up your results if those are not set to off or flat.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

It depends on what you set the imprint to do. If you go in the imprint and set all the eq settings to 0 so that its "flat" then you can set the unit with the dd-1 and the imprint system running. Now if you run the imprint system and have already actually tuned the system (ie you actually flatten out the eq freq's so that they all have the same db level) then i wouldnt tune it with the dd-1 as your frequency response will be different for each frequency and will skew your results a bit as you are tuning and setting the gains on the amps, headunit, and other stuff. I noticed this with my 3sixty.2 and i dont have a dd-1 but just a tpi-440 scope. If i go in the 3sixty and set the eq so its all flat and set my gains it will be more spot on for the distortion level as opposed to letting the 3sixty.2 tune my eq itself so that it has a flat output curve.

Just make sure when you do it that all your crossover settings are off and your eq is flat and your bass boost and stuff like that is off. It will really mess up your results if those are not set to off or flat.

That made sense to me and I use my DD-1 probably like 4 to 5 times a week sometimes that's daily. But Iv'e never run it with a processor. However what you said makes sense in my head cause that's what I thought. Anyone else have any insight and deeje I think the vid was just to show the difference between line level and RCA. I'm taking about tuning with a device that does eq mapping based on freq response that's taken based on the cars environment.

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car