Second Skin Audio

I need to remove a couple pieces of DP so I can cut the metal(using a cutting disc). Only thread I found was this one http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/62027-clean-removal-of-damplifier-pro/page__p__859165__hl__%2Bdamplifier+%2Bpro+%2Bremoval__fromsearch__1#entry859165 The pieces I need to take off have been there for a couple months. How can I get it off??

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I've had to remove my fair share of Damplifier Pro... it's not easy but doable.

Start by peeling it off. Grab a corner of the material and start pulling. Use of some lineman's pliers will help.

Once you have removed the bulk of the material, the remaining butyl rubber that is stuck to the sheet metal can be removed by reapplying the used mat and quickly pulling it off in a dabbing motion. OR my preferred method, pull all of the butyl rubber off of the mat you just pulled off, roll it into a ball, and use the ball to roll around and it will pickup the remaining butyl that is still on the metal.

I've done this for an entire hood and it was 100% clean.

Does that make sense?

I'll see if I can't make a video showing this removal technique.

EDIT:

Since our mats aren't heat dependent, using a heat gun won't help that much...

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I've had to remove my fair share of Damplifier Pro... it's not easy but doable.

Start by peeling it off. Grab a corner of the material and start pulling. Use of some lineman's pliers will help.

Once you have removed the bulk of the material, the remaining butyl rubber that is stuck to the sheet metal can be removed by reapplying the used mat and quickly pulling it off in a dabbing motion. OR my preferred method, pull all of the butyl rubber off of the mat you just pulled off, roll it into a ball, and use the ball to roll around and it will pickup the remaining butyl that is still on the metal.

I've done this for an entire hood and it was 100% clean.

Does that make sense?

I'll see if I can't make a video showing this removal technique.

Thanks Jon, the dabbing method takes forever lol. I'll give the ball method a shot.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Thanks Jon, the dabbing method takes forever lol. I'll give the ball method a shot.

I know... but it works. lol

I really wish there was an "easy" way to remove it.

I've only found a handful of chemicals that will touch this butyl and they are WAY too toxic to be playing within the confines of a vehicle.

We try to develop a product that won't come off and now people are wanting it to peel off... jeez... :P

Let us know how it goes and if you figure out a better/faster method.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Also ken, make sure you cut the foil just above the cut line so you dont loose the whole sheet of damplifier on your rear deck.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks