01 Saturn 1 12" Punch P3

Hfi or hfx? How did you like it

It was the Hfi and once i made that box for it, it was pretty good except the magnet cover rattled when it hit certain notes but i pried it off it was just glued on then it was better. probably the best sub for that price range

The hfx is the new model around the same price but 100 more rms

Were the led lights hard to install?

The ones in the dash cluster were sort of difficult, you have to twist them around into the right position because there is no way of telling the positive from the negative so you have to play with them a little. If you were going to do this make sure you get them where you want them and glue them down so you dont have problems later. the other ones you just kinda plug in i have a blue led dome light too.

Hfi or hfx? How did you like it

It was the Hfi and once i made that box for it, it was pretty good except the magnet cover rattled when it hit certain notes but i pried it off it was just glued on then it was better. probably the best sub for that price range

The hfx is the new model around the same price but 100 more rms

I didnt know that i havent looked at the prices of stuff in awhile, have you tried or heard the hfx yet?

isnt that speaker in the cup holder only a 2 way? regardless.....toss that or fab it in there better so it isnt just a speaker dropped in a cup holder... and it looks like you are lacking in port area a little bit, you are pretty well below the minimum recommended area...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

isnt that speaker in the cup holder only a 2 way? regardless.....toss that or fab it in there better so it isnt just a speaker dropped in a cup holder... and it looks like you are lacking in port area a little bit, you are pretty well below the minimum recommended area...

You sure on the port area? I saw from the P3 12 user manual that they recommend 1.79 ft^3 with one 4"x10" round port. I will say that the port appears to be a bit too long causing it to be too close to the back wall of the enclosure.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2011/5_Subwoofers/4020117-0_P3Subs-MAN_Rev2.pdf

wtfffff is up with the speaker in the cup holder come on seriously..other than that doesnt look half bad

THIS :unknw:

Lol i guess ill make this my next project ive never messed with fiberglass or anything this is my first build so what you see here is the only work ive really done with car audio. Any suggestions on how i should make this at least decent?

oh good call it is a 2-way, i fixed it. im not sure what the recommeded was like in the pics i built it for my Hifonics early this year im planning on a rebuild sometime after christmas with some better subs anyway

You sure on the port area? I saw from the P3 12 user manual that they recommend 1.79 ft^3 with one 4"x10" round port. I will say that the port appears to be a bit too long causing it to be too close to the back wall of the enclosure.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2011/5_Subwoofers/4020117-0_P3Subs-MAN_Rev2.pdf

i wanted the tuning to be 34 hertz so thats why the port is like that and the recommended 4"x10" would have been higher tuning iirc. the port is about 2" or more from the back wall i thought it would be a problem but it sounds fine to me and it pushes a lot of air. i just sealed it up good with a silicone type stuff along all the edges. what would be the problem if the port was too close to the back anyway, just wondering?

Archived