1995 Chevy Truck Build! THE HULK. Updates!!

Ok I'm watching now buddy. I'm sure we'll all get you lined up.

Btw, what's your main goal? What are your options? Even though you say you want to keep the back seat if possible, is there a specific reason why? Like my truck I decided for safety issues not to do the back seat project cause I have 2 small children and subs weren't greater in value than their lives. So what's your reasoning? DO you have people in there all the time, in back I mean? DO you use it much, or is it just once in a while? What are your music goals?

No offense, please don't take it this way, but you're young so my assumption is you just wanna be loud and pound right? Or am I off and you want bass but great sound as well?

There are plenty of options out there and while I understand being set on an idea, you also have to make sure that the final painting fits the canvas. If you "want" 2 12's, but you only have a cube an a half to work with (just a number I have no reasoning to back that up with), then you're trying to cram too much in too small of a space. So as I suggested in the message we were talking in, why not go down to something like 2 SD SA-8's in a ported enclosure? Even 2 10's in a sealed enclosure may surprise you in sound. Most 12's need at least a cubic foot after displacement to sound decent in a sealed enclosure. The Shallow mount subs are getting better and better, i.e. the Alpine Shallow Type R's, and that would help in the depth department.

The other thing I think, comparing to your current box, is that if you're going sealed, I'd face the sub down, and make an opening out of the front of it so that it doesn't trap the air flow and sound like what it looks like your sub is doing now facing the seat.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, if I'm off base. I had a pair of MTX 10's in my truck just like this, back before I took pics sorry , but they were the black faced ones (all black) and they were pretty loud. Sealed boxes, same thing as I said, facing down with the front cut out. So basically it was three walls surrounding the sub and the fourth wall that should be there was gone. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm not talking about missing a wall in the enclosure, but like a wall 2" beyond the sub face of the box.

Anyway, a shitload of knowledgeable folks here, someone of us will get you in the right direction. Besides, first system, really, so you want to get a good start and get a feel of what you're working with. Good luck!

Don't anyone blow me up too bad ok. I've had some experiences and that's what I go off of. I don't have hard fact to back up what I say. :pardon:

Ok I'm watching now buddy. I'm sure we'll all get you lined up.

Btw, what's your main goal? What are your options? Even though you say you want to keep the back seat if possible, is there a specific reason why? Like my truck I decided for safety issues not to do the back seat project cause I have 2 small children and subs weren't greater in value than their lives. So what's your reasoning? DO you have people in there all the time, in back I mean? DO you use it much, or is it just once in a while? What are your music goals?

No offense, please don't take it this way, but you're young so my assumption is you just wanna be loud and pound right? Or am I off and you want bass but great sound as well?

There are plenty of options out there and while I understand being set on an idea, you also have to make sure that the final painting fits the canvas. If you "want" 2 12's, but you only have a cube an a half to work with (just a number I have no reasoning to back that up with), then you're trying to cram too much in too small of a space. So as I suggested in the message we were talking in, why not go down to something like 2 SD SA-8's in a ported enclosure? Even 2 10's in a sealed enclosure may surprise you in sound. Most 12's need at least a cubic foot after displacement to sound decent in a sealed enclosure. The Shallow mount subs are getting better and better, i.e. the Alpine Shallow Type R's, and that would help in the depth department.

The other thing I think, comparing to your current box, is that if you're going sealed, I'd face the sub down, and make an opening out of the front of it so that it doesn't trap the air flow and sound like what it looks like your sub is doing now facing the seat.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, if I'm off base. I had a pair of MTX 10's in my truck just like this, back before I took pics sorry , but they were the black faced ones (all black) and they were pretty loud. Sealed boxes, same thing as I said, facing down with the front cut out. So basically it was three walls surrounding the sub and the fourth wall that should be there was gone. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm not talking about missing a wall in the enclosure, but like a wall 2" beyond the sub face of the box.

Anyway, a shitload of knowledgeable folks here, someone of us will get you in the right direction. Besides, first system, really, so you want to get a good start and get a feel of what you're working with. Good luck!

Don't anyone blow me up too bad ok. I've had some experiences and that's what I go off of. I don't have hard fact to back up what I say. :pardon:

Thanks scooter! First off my reasoning for the build the way it is, is because back before I was into stereos my uncle had the same truck as me with 2 12's in a sealed box similar to the one I am building. It got LOUD! I remember he had it parked by the kitchen window and it knocked a picture frame off our wall. I don't like systems that don't sound clean. I want bass and sound quality but I want to get loud. I would kind of like to keep the design I have going because ported really confuses me. I would consider 2 10's. I want to keep my back seat because being in highschool I will have friends with me all the time. So you think 12's would be to much? Maybe some 10's?? Sorry if I missed a question I'm on my iPod and can't see it as I type! Thanks again :)

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Ported may confuse you, but you have a whole community here to help clear up the confusion.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Ok I know what your going through, I deal with it on a daily basis on the f150 website I'm apart of. Everyone wants to be loud but keep it all under their seats and what not, the perfect solution for them should work for you. Most of the time members there end up getting a pre Fab 2 8s box or 2 10s box or at most 2 12s box all downfiring. The sub that fits perfect and gives them the most output is the DC level 2 line. Its just shallow enough to fit under your seat and for a "entry" level sub its incredibly impressive. 2 of those in any of the following sizes I listed off about 300 watts each sub clean rms power would be everything you want. It would be your loud bass when you want it and nice sq when you have the bass not so high. If your skeptical because they are dcs lowest lvl sub let me tell you this. I run a 12" one for our home theater sub in a big t line box tuned low off a 400 watt plate amp and our house is anything but small its roughly 4600 sweet feet and when I get on it with a movie I know has mean bass drops by the time the movie is over I gotta go through the living room, dining room and office and put the pictures back up on the walls. So don't hesitate just cause its only a level 2 they are very capable, get nice and loud and have some real nice sq

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Alright boys! I got pictures. And a decision! I have a good friend who is an audio nstaller and he recommended i get the fosgate shallow mount P3's. Opinions on this? 2 12" fosgate shallows? reviews on the shallows? Here are the pics!!

God the seat belt things cut out and hot glued. (for dry fitting)

108_0015.jpg

Full shot of the front piece!

108_0016.jpg

Here is a picture of the side piece sitting on top of a 15" fosgate that my coach gave me. They are beat to hell and were left in the weather. but hey. free is free. :ughdunno:

108_0018.jpg

I needed some gas to keep building. SLURPEE's FTMFW :dj:

108_0019.jpg

Started gluing! Waiting for glue to dry sucks. But i am confident in the box!

108_0021.jpg

Thoughts and comments please! I love to hear them all. Please let me know what you think of the subs.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Alright boys! I got pictures. And a decision! I have a good friend who is an audio nstaller and he recommended i get the fosgate shallow mount P3's. Opinions on this? 2 12" fosgate shallows? reviews on the shallows? Here are the pics!!

God the seat belt things cut out and hot glued. (for dry fitting)

108_0015.jpg

Full shot of the front piece!

108_0016.jpg

Here is a picture of the side piece sitting on top of a 15" fosgate that my coach gave me. They are beat to hell and were left in the weather. but hey. free is free. :ughdunno:

108_0018.jpg

I needed some gas to keep building. SLURPEE's FTMFW :dj:

108_0019.jpg

Started gluing! Waiting for glue to dry sucks. But i am confident in the box!

108_0021.jpg

Thoughts and comments please! I love to hear them all. Please let me know what you think of the subs.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

You probably spent more time in the bathroom then building lol. Love the truck can't wait to see this finished.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

You probably spent more time in the bathroom then building lol. Love the truck can't wait to see this finished.

hahah spent more time behind the garage (; Taking the shoes off is to hard. And thanks man! i cant wait to get it done either. I just hope it all works out!

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Ok I know what your going through, I deal with it on a daily basis on the f150 website I'm apart of. Everyone wants to be loud but keep it all under their seats and what not, the perfect solution for them should work for you. Most of the time members there end up getting a pre Fab 2 8s box or 2 10s box or at most 2 12s box all downfiring. The sub that fits perfect and gives them the most output is the DC level 2 line. Its just shallow enough to fit under your seat and for a "entry" level sub its incredibly impressive. 2 of those in any of the following sizes I listed off about 300 watts each sub clean rms power would be everything you want. It would be your loud bass when you want it and nice sq when you have the bass not so high. If your skeptical because they are dcs lowest lvl sub let me tell you this. I run a 12" one for our home theater sub in a big t line box tuned low off a 400 watt plate amp and our house is anything but small its roughly 4600 sweet feet and when I get on it with a movie I know has mean bass drops by the time the movie is over I gotta go through the living room, dining room and office and put the pictures back up on the walls. So don't hesitate just cause its only a level 2 they are very capable, get nice and loud and have some real nice sq

You wanted opinions? This is the best one you have gotten so far. I'd listen to him, he is 100% right. You will be a lot happier in the long run...

But that's just my opinion...

Btw I really like your truck! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived