PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

Didn't think to snap a "before" pic of the wood pile before I started chopping it up, but about $400 in wood/materials to make some bunk beds for my little mans room.

ABF6FF00-4077-47D4-A87B-3B0116B4D253_zps

AA736E26-A006-4400-BC82-67CA35C4B05C_zps

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

NOS "Monte Carlo" script emblem for my SS ...

c8b40139-9563-4a12-bb58-21b3f370f286_zps

The long scripted "o" on my trunk lid/panel has started to come undone ... the factory double-sided, thin, foamy tape "stuff" has split. I

think I probably wash it too often ... then waxing/polishing almost every three days, etc.

There is no fixing to it. Just carefully marking where the OEM piece is, remove it, prep the paint, then cross fingers, & install, ... while

trying to get it in the exact same location the original was in.

I know a few different tricks to get the old emblem off with out destroying any of the paint, etc., but prepping the surface, eh, ... I am not

really sure. I am thinking certainly nothing with any silicone in it, so certainly not going to wax it. I am thinking just before putting it on,

rubbing the surface with rubbing alcohol, I just do not know.

Any ideas on prepping the surface to help promote the best adhesion? Any body shop folks out there in "SMD Land"?

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Sutliff-

Hit up your local paint supply store. They sell a 3M adhesive remover, takes it off no problem with minimal elbow grease

To remove the old one just use a heat gun on it a little until you can tell the old adhesive is warmed up and slide a piece of floss behind it while pressing it against the body as much as possible, old one will pop off with ease

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

35DD803D-C177-46D2-8547-AF2F0D7F470D.jpg

F7E876E5-FE6E-41AE-9B76-74B9A1CE4223.jpg

C9900DD1-8374-4536-B7E4-5392D38C0996.jpg

88138E3B-4EF0-4953-BD8E-15950BC56037.jpg

Sundown X 15"

16ton crimpers

Singer "270a" (muahaha) alt w/ PCM upgrade & XSPower VCM.

Roller for my CT Sounds 80mil

Today was a hell of a day for UPS

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Sutliff-

Hit up your local paint supply store. They sell a 3M adhesive remover, takes it off no problem with minimal elbow grease

To remove the old one just use a heat gun on it a little until you can tell the old adhesive is warmed up and slide a piece of floss behind it while pressing it against the body as much as possible, old one will pop off with ease

Did this when I took the emblems off my equinox except I just bought the cheapest blow dryer since they don't get as hot as a heat gun will.

Get the emblem and adhesive warm and then run a piece of dental floss between the emblem and the body so that you're cutting through the foam. Rub what's left off with some Goo Gone to make sure you get all the sticky shit off and then go back over everything with some rubbing alcohol and clean cotton cloth to take any oils and road debris particles off.

Archived