Powermaxusa alternators

you are unlucky then, thy have so many and have seen what they can do, and if you look right the alt you bought might give 170a at 1200 rpm but will it do the same once it warms up? i dont think so. mechman rates them low and are the best

you are unlucky then, thy have so many and have seen what they can do, and if you look right the alt you bought might give 170a at 1200 rpm but will it do the same once it warms up? i dont think so. mechman rates them low and are the best

Hater gonna hate :shrug: haha jk, Yeah man i guess we will find out when i install it

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt

I tried talking to em' months ago. I couldn't get a straight answer on idle output among other things.

Apparently, theydont like to be asked why they are only a sketchy ebay company. XD but i did ask them what mine does at idle, they said 70amps. which i mean is good

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

I tried talking to em' months ago. I couldn't get a straight answer on idle output among other things.

Apparently, theydont like to be asked why they are only a sketchy ebay company. XD but i did ask them what mine does at idle, they said 70amps. which i mean is good

im not hating hope it works for you, i have been browsing around and have looked at every company that makes them and that made me pick mechman for my alternators, some companies say there's put out 390 amps but at the bottom it says at cold temperatures after 200 degrees it drops to 260 less than what the mechman can do and its $600 more expensive then mechman, i would post links that show how bad the alternators are but that might make mechman start selling more expensive since other prices are up higher with less quality of work

edit: a stock alternator does 45 to 65 give or take

The unit in the link is a small case, 3 phase Mitsubishi design Honda unit. It will NOT have good output at all if it actually makes 170 amps peak output. Also, if you look at the back of the housing, you will see that the rectifier is very small (about half the back of the unit) with limited inlet openings for airflow.

For that vehicle, we use a 6-phase hair pin unit that has infinitely better idle output capabilities. We can go as far with it as 320 amps peak, and still maintain 150 amps by 800 rpm. Our entry level unit makes 160 amps with 100 amps at only 650 rpm !! All of our units are a direct bolt in, and feature 12 diodes instead of 6. All of our units feature double tier rectifiers that take up the entire back of the alternator for maximum heat dissipation and bomb-proof daily durability. Our units also come with a 2 year warranty and 6-day-a-week toll free customer service.

865-522-6166 ext. 202

[email protected]

You guys dont make an alternator for my vehicle or you would be my first choice :/

Dude, I quoted you the specs for our unit in my post. Why would I quote you specs on a unit that we don't build? Good luck with that ebay Mitsubishi unit, it is without question, a tremendous piece of crap.

The unit in the link is a small case, 3 phase Mitsubishi design Honda unit. It will NOT have good output at all if it actually makes 170 amps peak output. Also, if you look at the back of the housing, you will see that the rectifier is very small (about half the back of the unit) with limited inlet openings for airflow.

For that vehicle, we use a 6-phase hair pin unit that has infinitely better idle output capabilities. We can go as far with it as 320 amps peak, and still maintain 150 amps by 800 rpm. Our entry level unit makes 160 amps with 100 amps at only 650 rpm !! All of our units are a direct bolt in, and feature 12 diodes instead of 6. All of our units feature double tier rectifiers that take up the entire back of the alternator for maximum heat dissipation and bomb-proof daily durability. Our units also come with a 2 year warranty and 6-day-a-week toll free customer service.

865-522-6166 ext. 202

[email protected]

You guys dont make an alternator for my vehicle or you would be my first choice :/

Dude, I quoted you the specs for our unit in my post. Why would I quote you specs on a unit that we don't build? Good luck with that ebay Mitsubishi unit, it is without question, a tremendous piece of crap.

Priceless :rofl:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

865-522-6166 ext. 202

[email protected]

Your boy over there told me yall only had one for the 2007-8 not the 02-06's

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

Too late now anyways, does not look like the OP would have coughed up the extra bucks anyways for a decent unit. Those who claim to be on a budget they have no other choice, will always be looking for that cheap substitute.

Although this unit in question is in fact a large piece of crap and sadly the OP thinks 70 amps is a good number. I installed this for a customer who REFUSED any advice that suggested a unit which cost more than $100. Good luck

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• 2 years later...

I have experience with them. The alternator will probably put out the same as your stock alt at idle or even less but I haven't been able to get an amperage reading on it . I'll say this...I had a 1500w rms amp and a 300w rms 4ch on this alt and a yellow top optima. At a 2ohm load I had 0 problems considering it was only demanding 750w rms.. Once I threw a 1ohm load at it the output was fine at or above 1200-1500 rims but at idle 650-800rpms I would get momentary bass cuts in the music. The ground was good , all battery connections are good , 0 gauge wire with big 3 all done.6f capacitor So why the problems on under 2000w rms ? Shouldn't really need extra batteries. Conclusion .. Powermax=whack max ??lame

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Archived