So im gonna be buying a car soon im looking to get a fox body mustang im really liking this body style http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2716062046.html if i did buy a 4 banger im gladly gonna do a 5.0 swap but my question is How can i take a stock mustang fox body(80's-91) and make that thing a beast for about 2500$(Excluding the swap price for a v8 lol)

If you are going to do a v8 swap drop in a 351 with a tfs-stage 2-cam and gt40 heads and intake with 30pound injecters and 75mm massair and do a 373are a 355gear if its a 5sp-t5 trans a good set of headers and x-pipe and a 225-fulepump and a ajustable-fulereg and get you some southside liftbars a 125-shot shoud have a good runing mustang- i had a 92-mustang with this setup for a streetcar.

Well, you'll be spending a fair amount of time at the local pick&pull getting stuff for a v8 swap providing your able to find donors for the things you need. First you'll need the wiring and engine harness along with the ECU to control it, then depending on if you want a manual trans you'll need the clutch/brake assembly along with the quadrant and cable. Your going to want to upgrade that 7.5 to an 8.8 rear end to handle the power a v8 is going to be pumping out. Depending on what you can get for what price you may be able to get some after market parts but i would hold off till you have everything in and running before spending money on things that don't get you down the road. Just buying the parts used you might spend up to $1,000 or more depending where and quality of used parts and another thing is you'll need a new full exhaust so that can add another few hundred.

EDIT: The 2 most important things you'll need to do are welding and or bracing the torque boxes and sub frame connectors.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

• 2 weeks later...

i would get an older 302 and drop in a 347 stroker kit and a couple other bolt ons like : bigger throttle body, oversized injectors, obviously bigger fuel pump, cold air intake, 2 chamber flowmaster cat back exhaust (hollow the cats), t5 tranny with a 5 finger clutch, oh and to pass emissions with the hollow cats dump some rubbing alcohol in the gas tank b4 test. oh and i would lower it 1" in the front and 1 1/2" in the back.... gives it a nice stance and pretty level.

does it have the old style turbine wheels? you should grab some if not and drop those on there....they look sick.

or maybe some 5 spoke pony wheels (the dark ones)

my 2 cents :)

-jarrid

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Forget the motor swap. Turbo the 4-cylinder. Build up the internals and head of course. Save you some money doing this.

My vote is for a turbo swap as well. Plus you can make more power with the 4 cylnder block than a 5.0 block.

Visit www.turboford.ORG

Edited by flwatersaver

• 2 weeks later...

Good. Cheap. Fast. Pick two. Making something a Beast is always subjective. The 5.0 responds pretty well to simple bolt on parts, intake headers and the like. It also responds even better to things like cam and heads. The stock 5.0 is great for low end torque but not much else. To really make it scream will require a cam, heads, and good intake. At that point you're going to be looking at better internals to help keep it together. I would make the swap, then add a good cold air intake, a good set of ceramic coated headers, and a full exhaust. At that point you will likely have used up a fair bit of change, but as you get money you can go farther and will have the building blocks to make the other things work better.

• 2 weeks later...

carbuerator

Nitrous

Exhaust

Ported stock heads

No need to reinvent the wheel.....mustang guys have been making decent power like this for years.

a 4cyl to v8 swap is fairly straight forward but can get expensive quick. If I were doing this project I would search for a car thats already got a 5.0 in it. save yourself some time and the headaches of walking through junkyards or searching forums looking for parts.

steer clear of most mustang forums, most of them are filled with retards. Try to find someone local that has the knowledge you are looking for.

Im looking at the fox body too....

I have found by scouring craigslist you can find clean fox body's that already have a 5.0 for 2500 to 4k..

I looked at a vert a few days ago.. would be a fun car. But eventually I will want some bass so im looking for a notch or a hatch.