Difference in port tuning

13mwolson

That is the net volume with port and sub displacement accounted for. Gives you 5.4cu ft at 33 hz

Wow thanks alot! I have 1 more question. Since the port is 20in wide and the box is 30 in wide does that mean the port isn't necessarily a slot port but more of a rectangle that flows back and connects to the back

Its still a slot, it just doesn't go all the way across the box.

Ooo. So let me get this straight. 20 inches wide, 5 inches up on each side (for port height) and goes all the way back until there's 5 inches left from the back and then make it go up until I finish the 35 inches of port depth?

Probably just his head, but when you have some info on boxsize, portsize and a tuning range Torres' Box Tuning Calculator is a helpfull tool.

And close to 100 In2 is quite big so port noise shouldn't be an issue. I've made a box similar to this for a Digital Designs 2515, around 5.5 cubes tuned to 32hz but "only" about 78 in2. It's not been powered properly yet but no port noise, and the opening isn't rounded at all.

Probably just his head, but when you have some info on boxsize, portsize and a tuning range Torres' Box Tuning Calculator is a helpfull tool.

And close to 100 In2 is quite big so port noise shouldn't be an issue. I've made a box similar to this for a Digital Designs 2515, around 5.5 cubes tuned to 32hz but "only" about 78 in2. It's not been powered properly yet but no port noise, and the opening isn't rounded at all.

I thought big ports make port noise. So I was thinking.of doing 5.5 cuft with 16sq in of port per cuft and tuned to 32. Would that be good? or should I go with 18 sq in per cuft

Archived