Second Skin Audio

If You Want Enclosure Plans Then Here Ya Go!

andym85

Hey, im lookin for advice on what kind of box to put in my 07 Sonata (standard 4-door sedan..well large sedan). Im gonna intall 1xPioneer Premier TS-W5102SPL, so im looking for a SPL box, thats not huge. I plan on using it for everyday bumpage, but if someone thinks there system is louder then mine, i wanna be able to pump it, w/o going to the trunk and makin adjustments to my sub amp. The trunk space totals 16.3 cubic feet.

i got ur pm but i guess i will answer here...im not so sure you can do a straight spl box that will sound good daily on music. pure spl boxes are also harder to design b/c there are so many variables that go into maximizing spl....there is so much testing involved in determining the proper enclosure for your car...it might be firing everything forward or it might be some type of "fart box"...its hard to say...

what organization would u be competing in?

i likes me some audio stuff...

i got ur pm but i guess i will answer here...im not so sure you can do a straight spl box that will sound good daily on music. pure spl boxes are also harder to design b/c there are so many variables that go into maximizing spl....there is so much testing involved in determining the proper enclosure for your car...it might be firing everything forward or it might be some type of "fart box"...its hard to say...

what organization would u be competing in?

just local audio competitions... nothing crazy, i just want to be that guy who has 1x very good sub(12"), and still has trunk space. That shits on other cars who have like 2x 15" kickers.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

just seems like you have two completely different goals...i think you should go for a daily driving box maybe tuned in the mid/upper 30s...but i dont know much about that sub...their site says they recommend 1.2cubes for it, but that seems a tad small for that sub...

i likes me some audio stuff...

no offense but i dont see that happening with just one 12"

i had one orion HCCA 12.5 w/ a pho-5000 in my old car... and it was louder then my friends 2x Kicker L5 15"(zx1500 "rms"ing 1500 to them) thats why i think its possible with a better sub,and a better amp. However, im not a sub woofer professional.

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif

just seems like you have two completely different goals...i think you should go for a daily driving box maybe tuned in the mid/upper 30s...but i dont know much about that sub...their site says they recommend 1.2cubes for it, but that seems a tad small for that sub...

yeah... the daily driving box tuned to mid 30s sounds good

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Chariot.gif

Archived