Big 3 question

I've got a 2002 f-250 diesel that I'm doing the Big 3 on either this weekend or monday next week, I'm using 1/0 for all 3 wires on the driver's side battery, also doing a 1/0 run from one battery to the other, would it be ok to just do 4 gauge grounds on the passenger's side battery, or would i not gain much from doing so?

your doing 1/0 already, might as well do it all in 1/0 at once and never have to worry about upgrading

I would do the whole thing in 1/0 if i had enough, found a guy on CL that had 20' of 1/0 that he was selling for $1/ft, it's going to be ebough to go from my primary battery back to my amps and the big 3 on the primary battery, and hopefully enough to upgrade the cross piece of wire that goes from one battery to the other, but not enough to do the grounds on the other battery, would i gain much of anything by doing 4 gauge grounds on the other battery or should i just wait til my next paycheck to do 1/0 on the other battery?

your doing 1/0 already, might as well do it all in 1/0 at once and never have to worry about upgrading

I would do the whole thing in 1/0 if i had enough, found a guy on CL that had 20' of 1/0 that he was selling for $1/ft, it's going to be ebough to go from my primary battery back to my amps and the big 3 on the primary battery, and hopefully enough to upgrade the cross piece of wire that goes from one battery to the other, but not enough to do the grounds on the other battery, would i gain much of anything by doing 4 gauge grounds on the other battery or should i just wait til my next paycheck to do 1/0 on the other battery?

:lol: i seen that same exact ad on CL. i was gonna buy it but never got around to it.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

i dont think 20 feet of wire would be enough to run wire to back battery plus the big 3, most kits are 20 feet and have just enough to run to back

:lol: i seen that same exact ad on CL. i was gonna buy it but never got around to it.

I've seen it before too, and normally i wouldn't buy it, they're usually install bay brand or something cheap that's actually 2 or 4 gauge with some extra insulation, this guy was selling RF, so i had to jump at that deal

Archived