Second Skin Audio

OK guys check this out!!

I just was working on a box design for 2 lvl 3 12s where each was individually ported for different frequencies. Similarly to what Tech Force did in one oh their builds but on a slightly smaller scale. haha Tell me what you think

each is 1.75cubes before displacement (.15 for each sub and .1 for 45s)

1 is tuned to 29hz and the other is tuned to 35hz.

each with 14sq inches of port per cube.

dualportedboxfor212s.png

I talked to TechForce about his design before i started this one. To get some advice from someone who has done this. And he suggested less port area the better. Also he suggested to tuned each about 6hz apart.

What do yall think..?!?!?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I think its a bad idea, why dont you just do a 4th order bp.I assume you are trying to get the system to play a broader band width.In the box you showed you would have only 1 sub hitting louder on certian freq, and if you did a bp you would have 2 subs on those same freq,so it would be louder.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

I think its a bad idea, why dont you just do a 4th order bp.I assume you are trying to get the system to play a broader band width.In the box you showed you would have only 1 sub hitting louder on certian freq, and if you did a bp you would have 2 subs on those same freq,so it would be louder.

But arent 4th orders that can hit a broader range of frequencies not as loud? i have a 4th order now tuned to a small range to hit really hard on those... so a 4th order tuned with a wider range will have the subs peaking evenly but not as loud... thats what i thought... correct me someone if im wrong...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

It actually looks cool, wouldn´t you get some cancellation anyways? i mean, 2 "different airflows" i guess, but i´m honestly very curious with this idea now, never thought about it :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

haha thanks. Yeah i mean im not all that sure it will work or sound good. but im willing to see. if it doesn't i will just go to a regular ported box. I could work on a 4th order design but im not sure if i could fit it in my trunk for 2 12s.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

Build it, man. I would like to see the results.

ANd i just told you today i didnt want your blown lvl 3 12. haha... im planning on using the new lvl 3s when they come out. :)

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU