no i didnt misspell hid its hod. i installed hids in the wifeys car and they look sweet! well they did driving at night its not all the visible and one of the bulbs is went bad it lights up white not bright at all and the other blue. only the blue one lights up somewhat on the road the white one nothing. im sure i could send it back for another one, but iv never been one to work with worrantys and this is the 3rd bad hid set i would send back(not all from the same company or car.) iv installed hids in 4 other cars and they work just fine bright and blue. As for the wifeys g6 i want to try something else maybe her headlights dont reflect hids well or somthing. i was just going to get some regular whiter halogen bulbs or some silverstar bulbs when i stumbled upon HODs which means high output discharge or somthing like that.they are supose to be brighter than regular halogens cheaper alternative to hids but most people are using dmms and they are about $35 the hods are about $40 shipped. so does anyone have experience with these hods?

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca

Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca

SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire

Build Log

this is the first ive heard of the product. wish i could help.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Are you using a relay harness for the ones you tried?

Never heard of HODs before, and x2 with what Kranny said, where did you get the bad ones from?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

sorry dont know how to do links. i tried xenonhidheadlights.com after my cousin got some on his silverado.

after they sent back most of my money i used and are using notto hids from carid.com iv ordered about 5 sets most of which are not for my cars. theyr pretty expensive at $100, they come with a capacitor tried with/out capacitor different ballast different bulbs and just the bulb is bad, i herd of hods on amazon oracle hod bulbs hid look but not as bright. automotivelightstore.com i guess is internet seller they have some amazing halos check out their youtube vids of the halos. didnt use a relay even tho it does come with one, dont think it will make a difference since i already determind it was a bad bulb.

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

Build Log

I got the hods ordered they should be here Monday I'll definitely post pics for u guys. Don't expect to get blown away by them as hids are still brighter and have more blue in them. I might go back to hids later on but I figure I would try these out first

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

Build Log

Does your wife's G6 use the 9005/9006 halogens? if so look into HIRs - Halogen Infrared Reflective bulbs. 9005/6 can be almost directly replaced with the HIR 9011/9012 with just a little modification to the bulb base. I mean, the only tool you need is a pair of nail clippers. look into them a do a little searching for them and you'll find that they are meant for Combines and farm tractors but are almost the exact same... except with an output of 2700 lumens rather than the 1000-1700 that a silverstar puts out.

her car has h11 lows and h9 highs thanks tho

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

Build Log

Does your wife's G6 use the 9005/9006 halogens? if so look into HIRs - Halogen Infrared Reflective bulbs. 9005/6 can be almost directly replaced with the HIR 9011/9012 with just a little modification to the bulb base. I mean, the only tool you need is a pair of nail clippers. look into them a do a little searching for them and you'll find that they are meant for Combines and farm tractors but are almost the exact same... except with an output of 2700 lumens rather than the 1000-1700 that a silverstar puts out.

^ thanks for this!

I'm going to get these for the wife's vehicle for sure!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.