Second Skin Audio

question on differences in box specs

I would like to know the difference between a low port area/cube to high, and also the difference between a thin slot port, and a wide one. Pretty much, pros cons of having low port area/cube and vise vera, along with the same for small and higher port width for slot ports. I am going to have a slot port for my subs and want to make sure when I design it, it's optomized for what I am looking for.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I am just looking for the differences between those tunings if they are lower or higher. Not trying to be a dick if I am, but I don't understand how equipment would make a difference but here it is. Daily driver, JBL GT1000d 10's on about 70 watts total. Love the lows and thats what I am aiming for. I just want to know what will happen if you have a higher port are/cube than a lower one, and same for thinner to wider ports in a slot port.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 months later...

Bump

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Not always port noise, and if there is port noise I would look at much more than just low port volume. The amount of port can definitely be affected by the equipment and power, and also depends on your musical tastes or goals. I'm too lazy to type it all up again but I know there have been a lot of theads about it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

When you build a ported box, theres a rule of Port are/ cubic feet of the box

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm