Second Skin Audio

obsidian 18

bass_stalker

i understand what you guys are saying about the price and the quality and what not of the sub, but i think obsidian has proved itself with its other woofers and i feel confident in the product they are producing,

i also feel that obsidian is trying to make the game more accessible to people like me, someone who either doesnt have a lot of cash or someone who wants to learn with something cheaper before they move up to say a btl or dc level 5

I agree with you. I would rather buy a OA 18, And take my losses learning about the requirements, instead of dropping big bucks on something, and it fucking up and me being out say, 3-500$ And it won't require god tons of power to get loud either. Two reasons right there why i would choose OA.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

also please post these actual test results because honestly your sitting here advertising on a site that you dont pay jack shit to

Nice professional attitude. I will be more than happy to publish the results after the acusors will post their obviously advantageous graphs. This has become an Obsidian 18" hate thread and I want to see the data to back up the big-belted accusations.

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

2. Really thats how it works huh? Looks more like you and your best buddy knocked off the way fi blocks off the pole vents with the bp power option you know the aluminum hunk on top of the plate that you "borrowed"

I take it you are referring to me ?

First -- the OA driver has NO aluminum on top of the pole and the pole is still vented. Not at all like what Fi is doing in their drivers. You are misunderstanding the concept.

Second -- I've been working with aluminum caps for years in various forms and aluminum caps are not a new invention. For that matter... in my designs the cap is vented making it's function quite a bit different than the way it is used by Fi. There is more than one way to skin a cat... but most of the ways are going to resemble each other at least a bit, don't you think ?

maybe im seeing something else :shrug: either way my question was never directly answered but instead i was given a pretty generic marketing bs answer

2. Really thats how it works huh? Looks more like you and your best buddy knocked off the way fi blocks off the pole vents with the bp power option you know the aluminum hunk on top of the plate that you "borrowed"

3. Well all it really shows is that you like the product you sell which i would hope that you do.

4.im fine with that but its still an honest question because it seems like you all are just trying to make a quick buck.

5. but your using that 3500 watt amp and score to make it seem better than it is, it doesnt matter what i can do above and beyond what its designed for i want to see what it really does where its meant to be used.

6. No a woofer is stupid it does what you tell it that high mms just makes it easier to bring out the low end and increase power handling but with a lower "power" sub i would rather have greater efficency but alas thats a personal choice that would make a customer such as my self buy your product versus another one.

2) That's an interesting and quite ostentatious claim. I've been around longer than Fi has and I have not "knocked off" any option as you eluded to. It may be hard to believe but it was good old fashioned design.

4) That is your opinion.

5) You are entitled to your opinion.

6) if you ignore the clear LFE advantage of the Obsidian driver in the same size box compared to the SSD for that 30% power saving option above 50 Hz then so be it. Everyone has their requirements.

2. to each their own but i think you and jacob may want to decide who did the designing since both of you have taken credit in this thread. also i could be wrong but i dont believe youve been around longer than scott :shrug:

6. i never really compared it to the ssd their different subs with different merits but i would like to see where it is you are drawing your comparison from

i dont understand why people are complaining. if you dont like it, keep your mouth shut and dont buy one.

simple as that, no? i mean i know it must be sooooo difficult for some people to comprehend this theory, but its not that difficult.

The Almighty Kranny speaks... Wise words

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

i dont understand why people are complaining. if you dont like it, keep your mouth shut and dont buy one.

simple as that, no? i mean i know it must be sooooo difficult for some people to comprehend this theory, but its not that difficult.

well i for one am not complaining im just wanting to see what the owners of this company have to say about my concerns and ideas i know where my money is going but there are some newer people that will throw money at the cheapest sub or biggest forum boner so im just trying to get the information out that you normally wont see because no one asks about it

well i for one am not complaining im just wanting to see what the owners of this company have to say about my concerns and ideas i know where my money is going but there are some newer people that will throw money at the cheapest sub or biggest forum boner so im just trying to get the information out that you normally wont see because no one asks about it

if you want to see what the owners have to say, why dont you email/call them instead? pretty simple

2. to each their own but i think you and jacob may want to decide who did the designing since both of you have taken credit in this thread. also i could be wrong but i dont believe youve been around longer than scott :shrug:

Perhaps I was unclear :

Part 1 was about Obsidian "OA Drivers" with NO aluminum pieces on top of the pole to even remotely resemble the "BP Power" option from Fi. Obsidian woofers designs are done by Nick.

Part 2 was about MY designs (Sundown) where I do use aluminum pieces on the pole but they vary from the way they are used in Fi products. As the ones I use are vented and the ones Fi uses for "BP Power" are solid.

Hopefully that clears up at least that little bit of confusion :good:

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

if you want to see what the owners have to say, why dont you email/call them instead? pretty simple

I personally think its good to have the information readily available online..

and I dont see a issue with him asking these questions, it is in reference to this specific woofer and company. And hes not being that much of a dick about it, like he could be.

Hes asking honest questions and just wants a honest answer, and he shouldnt be forced to email or call when they are already on here talking about it.

either way, I hope it works out for the best.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived