Second Skin Audio

Box too big for this much power?

ok so about a year ago i bought a BTL N2 18 fully loaded d2, and i knew i would be running off an AQ1200D for quite a while (still am actually) so with that in mind i built the box on the big side of the spectrum... its about 8 cubes after all displacements tuned to 32hz. my question is if i step up to something like a crescendo bc3500 will that be too much power for that size box? or would i still be alright?

and yes i have the electrical to run that power, or more if i wanted (figured i would add that as it seems like thats the first that people ask when they see people running bigger amps)

anyway, thanks guys!

I ran a BTL N2 15 on a bc3500 in a 3.8 cubic foot box & it took it fine

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Can you just shrink the volume of the box with 2x4's or something? May raise your tuning though.

yeah i thought about that but i like my 32hz tuning, i listen to mostly decaf, and other low music, so a low tune is needed.

well do you have access to the full length of the port? If so, narrow it a little (1/8th" mdf) to compensate for the lesser volume.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Can you just shrink the volume of the box with 2x4's or something? May raise your tuning though.

yeah i thought about that but i like my 32hz tuning, i listen to mostly decaf, and other low music, so a low tune is needed.

well do you have access to the full length of the port? If so, narrow it a little (1/8th" mdf) to compensate for the lesser volume.

hmm i could do that also, but i may just make another box, i want to make it a bit shorter so its under my window line anyway, also would be nice to try flush mounting the sub (never tried it before)

I know is a different sub, but i tested a DD 3518 on a 8.2 cubic feet box using 1200 watts, 2200 watts and 4000 watts and yes, it definitely hated the 4K lol, about your other question, well i like efficient boxes, i tried a 6 cubic feet box using the 4K and sounded about the same against the 8 c/f box with smaller power :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Best case scenario is to build a new enclosure. If you are that opposed to it, stay at the RMS, like a BC2000 and just be careful playing below tuning.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?